Thrust dust in oil

TurboGN

Changed the thrust and main bearings without knowing to seat the thrust. Gold dust was found in the oil after 200. The thrust copper surface on the bearing was worn but not too badly. The thrust surface on the crank looked and felt smooth and new and there was no discoloration of the metal. Installed a new thrust and seated until a tight .008 endplay was obtained. Still have gold dust and LOTS of it! If driven easy, very little gold dust. If I romp it, the thrust seems to push forward against the rear thrust surface and try to eat it up. Am I overlooking a critical step in the procedure? It appears that the rear thrust surface on the crank needs R&R, but like I said, it looks/feels like new. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Only a booster plate in the pump. Oil pressure is instant at startup. Replaced OEM .001 undersized with the same size. Hot oil pressure is 22psi hot idle using 10W30.

Could your torque converter be balooning? Usually discussed when thrust bearing damage occurs. I thought maybe you were having an oil starvation problem. I had a problem until I removed a remote oil filter assembly.

I think the car is capable of ballooning the OEM D5 and I also thought of this. It just seems too coincidental that it would start at the same time the bearings were changed. I wouldn't mind slipping a Vigilante in there if I thought it would resolve the issue. What do we look for to determine if the TC has ballooned (other than thrust bearing wear)?

My understanding is that if you can unbolt the convertor from the flexplate and slide it back 1/4" or so then its not ballooned. A ballooned convertor will exert pressure against the flexplate.

Yeah, that's my understanding, too. I was hoping for something even a knuckle busting shadetreer like me could find. Maybe a small flag with a sign on it. I'll check that travel and examine the crank. I have this weird feeling that all will look great even though its not.
Thank you guys for the replies.