throttlebody coolant passages

boost jnky

i was just wondering if there would be a benefit to plugging off the coolant passages to the throttlebody. the reason being after car is hot you would be circulating hot coolant through the throttlebody there by heating up the inlet air. would this be correct? just curious to yalls thoughts on this.

Didn't know there were any cars left out there that this hadn't already been done. Definitely do it. Every little bit helps!:wink:

at one time I toyed with putting ice water in the wiper bottle and pumping cold water through it. The ice water lasted approximately 1.5 minutes.

i was just wondering if there would be a benefit to plugging off the coolant passages to the throttlebody. the reason being after car is hot you would be circulating hot coolant through the throttlebody there by heating up the inlet air. would this be correct? just curious to yalls thoughts on this.

I ran a test years ago at the track on a low 13 sec. car. Made several passes with and without the water hooked up and saw no difference. The reason they run water through the throttle body is to keep it from icing. I don't know that anybody has ever had a problem with icing without the water though. It can't hurt if you disconnect it. :rolleyes:

that is what i was wondering, i have already done that to my mustang, but really havnt been able to tell a difference but the concept makes sense.