Throttlebody coolant line block off

Jawbone

Confused
What is the benefit of blocking off the coolant lines to throttlebody. and does any body have any pics of how they did it .can you just make a loop where they are behind the alternator.

What is the benefit of blocking off the coolant lines to throttlebody. and does any body have any pics of how they did it .can you just make a loop where they are behind the alternator.

I bought a hotair one time that already had this done to it and it seemed to make no difference. The coolant line was just looped. I believe that the temperature of the coolant passing through this is related some how to the iac setting though (I think).

Just remove the lines to the TB, plug the TB connections, and put a piec of hose on the larger steel coolant lines (Connect them together).

The lines were installed to prevent freezing of the TB and will not affect operation, unless you plan to drive at sub zero ambient temps.

i just took the hardline off, jammed a couple of 5/16" thread allen head bolts in the hoses and clamped the hoses down to the bolts.

I brazed mine. Looks nicer and it won't leak.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 341
whats up guys. same mod is popular with f-bodies it re-routes the hot coolant from the t.b,and i seen graphes on it gains of 5-7 hp and 8 lbs of tq. best part its free.

When I first purchased my car, those coolant lines were still in place. I blocked them off just to see if there was a difference in performance and the way the car acted. Didn't put it on a dyno, but i couldn't feel any difference in performance. What I did notice, on a cool day on the way to the gas station in early spring (Temp in the upper 30's to lower 40's) without letting the car warm up the throttle body froze up and died untill i warmed it up with a friends heat tape wrapped around the throttle body for a while. If you drive your car in warm months only, block it off. If you want to drive it when it is cold. then keep them hooked up. Do what you want to. Just my 2 cents and experience.