thoughts on this t type regal

tigerss

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4771950977.html

About 2 hours south of me.

Ive been browsing for a g body car but one thats fast. Ive mostly looked at ss montes but turbo buicks are very cool as well. I generally look in 4-6k range. Not opposed to more but it might not be good for me to mess up too expensive of a car. That said ive seen some mighty tempting cars.

I dont know hardly any thing about cars but would like to take this as an opportunity to start. So i want something reliable for me to get my feet wet with. If i bought this particular car i might might to eventually turn into a gn clone. Im thinking a mostly stock car is best for me.

How fast are the 83's also i understand their performance isnt as impressive as later years. How difficult would parts be to find also?

Any opinions on this car is welcome thanks.

If you are wanting easy fast, that ain't it. Keep studying and looking. If you want a cruiser that might fit the bill. Con, carbed.
84-85 fuel injected somewhat fast, limited aftermarket.
86-87 intercooled much fast, big aftermarket

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

i think for that money ypu can fins something faster. if you like the design and interior then get it but if youre looking for power thats not it. only option to get it fast is put another motor in it.

Ive been browsing for a g body car but one thats fast. Ive mostly looked at ss montes but turbo buicks are very cool as well. I generally look in 4-6k range. Not opposed to more but it might not be good for me to mess up too expensive of a car. That said ive seen some mighty tempting cars.

I dont know hardly any thing about cars but would like to take this as an opportunity to start. So i want something reliable for me to get my feet wet with. If i bought this particular car i might might to eventually turn into a gn clone. Im thinking a mostly stock car is best for me.

How fast are the 83's also i understand their performance isnt as impressive as later years. How difficult would parts be to find also?

I purchased the 83 1/2 model, which for the day was the quickest to 60 mph. ~11 seconds! It's a draw-thru carb system. I would not recommend this vehicle, especially if you are not mechanically inclined. The smog system is a nightmare on it. Get an 86/87. Check our cars for sale section, you will be far happier. Just a lightly modded one and you won't regret it.
Just spend a lot of time on this sight, familiarizing yourself w/the pro's and cons of the vehicle and you will be hooked.

If you must stay in the 5/6 grand range keep your eyes out for something like this; http://columbia.craigslist.org/cto/4764712192.html

Or if you want a fast/ish turbo car they can be had for about double that amount. The draw back if you look at it this way is the potential learning curve and cost factor if you don't just drive it and plan on tuning for speed.

These cars can be great fun, but they can also be your worst enemy if you have no knowledge about them. I don't recommend a turbo buick unless you have deep pockets or deep knowledge of them .

If you are willing to learn then jump right in and let the fun and wallet emptying begin.

But PLEASE OH PLEASE stay away from THESE!!!!!! http://columbia.craigslist.org/cto/4755827302.html :LOL:

thats actually not bad. buy it sell the rims but buick rallyes on and you have a nice car for half the money

thats actually not bad. buy it sell the rims but buick rallyes on and you have a nice car for half the money

You don't like the HYBRID olds rims???:LOL:

Also it doesn't meet his criteria;
Ive been browsing for a g body car but one thats fast.

Although I guess the term fast is open to interpetation by the OP.

It looks like a nice car but you should keep looking. You could at always take it for a drive and see how you like the power, etc.

I converted my 83 T-type to 86-87 style. It took a while but so worth it. The factory carb/turbo is a slug. They absolutely suck to work on.

It's not a bad looking car.

Hold out for and 86 or 87. There's plenty of people out there that buy these toys and then get tired of them, can't afford them or their ole' lady wants a new bathroom..... Who knows, you might see mine out there one day.

Yes 2004r in 83, and to confuse matters it has a br code on the vb. But I don't think it is the same as the 86-87 vb.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app