Those with 18" wheels...

ross87t

Can you post up pics of your cars and combos?

I'm thinking of going with 18's and would like to get some ideas.

Wheel width (front/back)
Tire sizes
Suspension setup (springs, spindles, etc.)

It's hard to weed through all of the threads in this forum looking for 18" wheel/tire setups and the new search function certainly doesn't make it any easier.

Thanks,
Ross

Check out the "Sticky" at the top of this section...you'll see the thread called Wheel Combos.

All the info you'll need! :cool:

Check out the "Sticky" at the top of this section...you'll see the thread called Wheel Combos.

All the info you'll need! :cool:

Yeah. I have looked through that thread, but it's about 8 pages of mostly 15"-17" wheels with a lot of those pics being quoted. It's almost like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. My goal here is to start an 18" wheel thread. Making it a sticky would be an added bonus.

Did you try the slammed turbo regal thread? It has 18's I have seen.

Zack

Can you post up pics of your cars and combos?

I'm thinking of going with 18's and would like to get some ideas.

Wheel width (front/back)
Tire sizes
Suspension setup (springs, spindles, etc.)

It's hard to weed through all of the threads in this forum looking for 18" wheel/tire setups and the new search function certainly doesn't make it any easier.

Thanks,
Ross

Boo!

You're welcome to your ideas and thoughts on a wheel/tire combo.

Yet, it is nice to know that I too, am entitled to an opinion.

ICK!!!!!!! STOP!!!! DON"T!!!!

The car isn't new, and you won't make it look modern with big wheels and rubber band tires.

Save that stuff for your Lexus.

You WILL, however, make a great car look like a knucklehad owns it.:confused:

Just my 2 cents.

Various i phone pics 019.jpg

Attachments

• Various i phone pics 2 002.jpg
    Various i phone pics 2 002.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 565
Here is my set up, just in the process ofassembling it and will have it done in a week or so just waiting on a couple parts from Baer Brakes.

18 x 9 fronts 6" BS Forgeline wheels ( you are goig to have to wait for the pictures)
19 x 9.5 rears 5" BS
275/35/18 fronts
295/30/18 rears
ATS spindles and steering arm.
Speedtech Performance upper and lower control arms( these are the first test set and will be available in a few months)
RideTech single adjustable coil over conversion
Lee 14.7: Steering box
The rear is Speedtech upper and lower trailing arms
Coil Over Conversion
Speedtech sway bars front and rear

Baer 14" 6 piston fron and rear brakes

I have posted some of these pics before but I dont know if I ever listed any specs so here goes. Front: 18x8.5" with 265/35/18 tire, Rear 18x9.5" with 285/35/18 tire. Front suspension is Eibach springs with 2" drop spindles. Rear is Eibach springs only.SEMA 09 019.jpgSEMA 09 002.jpg

I have posted some of these pics before but I dont know if I ever listed any specs so here goes. Front: 18x8.5" with 265/35/18 tire, Rear 18x9.5" with 285/35/18 tire. Front suspension is Eibach springs with 2" drop spindles. Rear is Eibach springs only.View attachment 141255View attachment 141256
Looks good. Maybe would of looked better with 17's. Lol wanna trade? I love my fr17s. But yours looks awesome also.

Here is my set up,

18 x 9.5 Fronts - 4.75" BS CCW wheels
18 x 10 Rears - 4.75" BS CCW wheels
265/35/18 fronts
285/40/18 rears (soon to change with new tires)
Detroit Speed upper and lower tubular A-arms (The upper a-arms are adjustable fore & aft to adjust the caster angle with "Caster Tuner inserts)
Detroit Speed 2" drop springs and shocks (We will be installing the DSE Front & Rear coil overs very soon)
The rear is Detroit Speed upper and lower trailing arms (with their patented "Swivel links" to eliminate bind and keep the car planted)
Detroit Speed sway bars front and rear.
Detroit Speed Front Frame braces.

Baer 13" 4 piston front and 12" 4 piston rear brakes

1105gmhtp-01-+1986-buick-t-type+front.jpg

Boo!

You're welcome to your ideas and thoughts on a wheel/tire combo.

Yet, it is nice to know that I too, am entitled to an opinion.

ICK!!!!!!! STOP!!!! DON"T!!!!

The car isn't new, and you won't make it look modern with big wheels and rubber band tires.

Save that stuff for your Lexus.

You WILL, however, make a great car look like a knucklehad owns it.:confused:

Just my 2 cents.

View attachment 141253

This post was completely unnecessary. Please don't post pics of anything other than 18" wheels in this thread. If you don't like it, stay out of here.

Here is my set up,

18 x 9.5 Fronts - 4.75" BS CCW wheels
18 x 10 Rears - 4.75" BS CCW wheels
265/35/18 fronts
285/40/18 rears (soon to change with new tires)
Detroit Speed upper and lower tubular A-arms (The upper a-arms are adjustable fore & aft to adjust the caster angle with "Caster Tuner inserts)
Detroit Speed 2" drop springs and shocks (We will be installing the DSE Front & Rear coil overs very soon)
The rear is Detroit Speed upper and lower trailing arms (with their patented "Swivel links" to eliminate bind and keep the car planted)
Detroit Speed sway bars front and rear.
Detroit Speed Front Frame braces.

Baer 13" 4 piston front and 12" 4 piston rear brakes

Scot,

Your car is lowered with springs only? No drop spindles? Are those the springs you sell on your website?

Did you try the slammed turbo regal thread? It has 18's I have seen.

Zack

Yes, I did. Like the other thread there are quite a few pics of 15, 16, 17, & 20 inch wheels.

I'm just trying to start a thread for 18's to get some ideas and make it easier for others when they decide to go wheel shopping.

Scot,

Your car is lowered with springs only? No drop spindles? Are those the springs you sell on your website?
Yep springs only! And those are the 2" drop springs we sell Plus we now offer a complete bolt on Front & Rear Coil Over for the Buick G-body's..

Scot W.

Looks good. Maybe would of looked better with 17's. Lol wanna trade? I love my fr17s. But yours looks awesome also.
Thanks for the compliment. I originally was going to order the 17's but at the last minute I went with 18's. Im glad I did since 18's have pretty much become the standard.

i fell ya i ordered 18s for my car and i almost got 17s but i think i am gonna be happy with the 18s. Willnot know for another week though cars getting painted!

Attachments

• 281921_241088285918848_100000530346878_930836_4564168_n.jpg
    281921_241088285918848_100000530346878_930836_4564168_n.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 378
i fell ya i ordered 18s for my car and i almost got 17s but i think i am gonna be happy with the 18s. Willnot know for another week though cars getting painted!

What make and size tears are those? I don't know if a nitto 285 40 18 will work on a stock suspension car with 18x10/4.75bs. Yours like those nittos I want.

Nitto nt555r 245/40 on the front +2mm offset------nitto nt05r 285/40 on the rear -4mm offset have the full hotchkiss setup on the rear ( springs, upper and lowers, etc.) I test fit the wheels without tires and they looked fine wont know for sure till about another week when i get the car back! Oh and its a 9.5" rear wheel 8" on front

Nitto nt555r 245/40 on the front +2mm offset------nitto nt05r 285/40 on the rear -4mm offset have the full hotchkiss setup on the rear ( springs, upper and lowers, etc.) I test fit the wheels without tires and they looked fine wont know for sure till about another week when i get the car back! Oh and its a 9.5" rear wheel 8" on front

Thanks for the info. I'm sitting all stock. I think I will go with the 285 35' s like most others are doing. I'm scared of rubbing.

ross87t,

Not trying to high jack your thread but I figured it was related and hopefully helpful.