Those who have gone with the aftermarket headliners.....step inside

fastblackracing

How did it work out on the install? Did everything line up and fit correctly? Where from/Which one did you use? Which color would be closest for a WE4 car with the light gray interior? Getting ready to do this and I would appreciate your guys feedback on this.

i did the one piece abs from gbody, went well was able to install by myself since it would flex without breaking. everything fit just like the old one. hath

If you do your headliner, I'd do both visors too. I know a shop in my area that has a GM color swatch book, and he may still have enough material laying around for a headliner and visors.

Last edited:
I got my ABS plastic backed unit from Mike's Montes. It was pretty darn easy to put in and it fit like a glove. I was a little nervous about cutting the hole for the dome light but an Xacto knife made it easy. It took a couple of hours and the metal trim above the windows is kind of a pain to get out unless you have some inside info before trying to remove them. It isn't readily evident how to get them out just by looking. You have to stand outside the car and grasp them with your palms and rock them down and towards your body until the three clips release. Then you have to rock them towards the car to get the other sides of the clips to release. If you just try to gorilla them off you risk breaking the clips and I don't know of any place that has these.

I have the install notes linked in my sig. I know a lot of people rescue the stock board with metal tape and re-cover it but I was more interested in the durability of a complete replacement. I also didn't trust my ability to re-cover and have it look good. :)

Last edited:
I got my ABS plastic backed unit from Mike's Montes. It was pretty darn easy to put in and it fit like a glove. I was a little nervous about cutting the hole for the dome light but an Xacto knife made it easy. It took a couple of hours and the metal trim above the windows is kind of a pain to get out unless you have some inside info before trying to remove them. It isn't readily evident how to get them out just by looking. You have to stand outside the car and grasp them with your palms and rock them down and towards your body until the three clips release. Then you have to rock them towards the car to get the other sides of the clips to release. If you just try to gorilla them off you risk breaking the clips and I don't know of any place that has these.

I have the install notes linked in my sig. I know a lot of people rescue the stock board with metal tape and re-cover it but I was more interested in the durability of a complete replacement. I also didn't trust my ability to re-cover and have it look good. :)
Thanks 1quickt, I appreciate the tips and does it look as good in person as it does in your pics? I will check out mikes montes.