This is very weird. Maybe even coincidental??

GNVAIR

I just added a TA49 to my car on Saturday, along with a new down pipe and an SMC alky kit. I am now able to run 20lbs of boost with no knock. The thing flies. I have been beating on it as anyone else would probably be doing. I have had no complaints.
I also received an LT1 starter for Christmas and was installing it today with Herb (Turboregal84) watching. While I was under there I checked out my recently replaced trans which has approx
3k miles on it. I installed it last September. It was bone dry and I was very pleased. The fluid is still cherry red. I have noticed a slight 2-3 flare at times. Now here is the kicker.
I dropped my girl off tonight and was driving down her street and I heard a loud thud. I figured I ran over something, so I backed the car up and saw my bright red pinion snubber laying the street. I got out and picked it up. When I got home, I crawled under the car with a flashlight to inspect for damage. I saw something splattered on the rear bumper. I crawled under the middle and the entire exhaust aamd undercarriage was soaked with trans fluid. I jacked the car up and saw a puddle on the driveway from it that appeared in the 2 minutes that it was parked there. Closer inspection saw the driver side was dry. The passengerside was wet. I pulled the convertor dust shield and it was bone dry in there, thus eliminating the front seal. The wetness on the trans was entirely below the top cooler line fitting. I sprayed the side of the trans and the crossmember
with brake clean and dried it off. I tried tightening the cooler lines and both were tight. I then started the car and noticed the top cooler line leaking. No matter how much I tried to crank down on it, it continued to leak. Why would this happen all of a sudden? What a strange night!

Lee....maybe all the pushing and pulling of the tranny cooler lines trying to get that starter out messed up the seal, or kinked the line?

I wonder how your snubber fell out? bolts back out or something, because that is really odd.(I guess the big fellow up there was trying to warn you your tranny was leaking)

If you pushed and pryed a little on the cooler lines, you may have cracked the flare on the end of a line. If a line is going to crack, that's where it will do it, and any real stress or impact will make it happen. You'll need to double flare it or it will break again. You may have to cut a short section off, and add a section back. I've had to cut off a foot, and add a foot back before, when I ran a transmission shop.
Alan

trans leak

Also check where the cooler lines go under the starter. They will rub thin
there and crack when bent or pushed.

TurboBob