This can't be good

runemdownwilly

My buick isn't doing so well turbo spools up but no boost car is not ideling need to pump gas to keep it going. Nothing leaking. I herd a big hesss of air when it happened. WHAT DID I BREAK!!!! :confused:

runemdownwilly said:
My buick isn't doing so well turbo spools up but no boost car is not ideling need to pump gas to keep it going. Nothing leaking. I herd a big hesss of air when it happened. WHAT DID I BREAK!!!! :confused:
Did this happen suddenly?
Check ALL connections again, i.e., Turbo, IC, up pipe, vacuum hoses (blown off, split, etc)

check to see if you blew off one of the turbo tubes of split one of the rubber connectors.

I just bought this car hear is a list of stuff it has mabey this will help. Machine work – Port and flow heads, bore block .020, press new pistons, resize connecting rods, regrind crankshaft.

Components –Engine

1) 206 Comp Roller Cam Special Grind
2) HD rocker shafts, chrome moly push rods, and 85 Lb springs
3) 206-206 Roller Kit (roller lifters)
4) Modified front cover
5) Performance bearing sets – Connecting Rods, Mains, Cam
6) Wiseco forged pistons .020
7) ARP rod and main stud kits
Components Fuel/Exhaust
1) TA49C Turbo
2) 40Lb injectors
3) High performance fuel pump (Hot wired)
4) ESP Front mount intercooler
5) Huge down pipe – Not sure who’s it is
6) SMC Alcohol Injection
7) Kenne Belle air intake system with K&N filter
8) Scanmaster 2 scanner
9) Dual exhaust with dump pipe

As you can see it wasn't put together cheep. I wasnt getting no knock when it happened either.

Your engine is getting unmetered air. This is why you have trouble keeping it idling. You are getting no boost because it's bleeding off. As stated above, you have torn, popped, ruptured, split ect. ect. either a hose, pipe, or intercooler. Pull, push, twist everything from the turbo to TB. Check your clamps. Report back. HTH, Brian

Just checked the hoses pipes and clamps they seem fine. Is it a cracked intercooler does that happen??? DOES ESP WARRENTY THERE FRONT MOUNT LOL...

It's not likely, but I wouldn't look past it. You should also check your intake, TB, plenum, and vacume block gaskets. Look at you wastegate, boost solenoid, and other vacume hoses. You have a leak somewhere. If you heard a loud hissing, it has to be a substantial leak. I still think it's in the turbo to intake plumbing. Good luck, Brian

Hay Brian, Thanks for the insight. The weld on the intercooler was split all the way up on the back side I couldn't see it till I got under it

runemdownwilly said:
Hay Brian, Thanks for the insight. The weld on the intercooler was split all the way up on the back side I couldn't see it till I got under it

Running a little boost? :eek: