The Value of a Grand National {?}

GNDen said:
Really? That is a pretty good deal. Especially if it's original and fully optioned!?

What options does it have?

I am working on an 87 GN that has the same miles for around 16k... This guy won't budge... It has everything I want! Everything! Just as I would have ordered back in 87'. It's just the shipping on top of it that's the killer! We shall see... I am so very tempted but I want to play the same game everybody else does when I go to sell my car!!

I now live in Florida but I am from Staten Island, NY.

I do remember hearing about that snow moblie race. I do! I just wasn't there to witness it! :mad: That would have been hilarious!!
I would really like to sell my 2 GT's first to make room in the garage before I buy my next GN. Oh well 1 GT will just have to stay out! ;)

Remember the days of D'Alessandro when he Guaranteed 12's for $1,000 dollars!!!!??????

Shoot me a message offline if you like!

It has T-tops which I REALLY wanted........I've never had a T-top car! G-80 Posi, Concert sound, Tilt, Power windows, Locks, Cruise Oh........and it has the ANALOG dash........NOT the Digital.........I Hate the digital dash!

The Powerbooster was replaced, has an ATR exhaust some add'l pod gauges, but other than that STOCK. Tons of receipts, good carfax history etc.

So, it's everything I want and the price is right. Car was painted 3years ago and it's a garage baby the guy is in his 40's with recent kids, so the car just sits.

The problem is the same as yours.....the car is on the East coast and I"m in Colorado.......so I am trying to find the best deal on shipping it......so far the best rate I got was 1700......Not Cheap!!!! :frown:

So whaddya do?

Tom

GN prices

In 1995 I owned a 911 Porsche and a Testarossa I thought those cars were fast until a friend of mine took me for a ride in his stock looking 10 sec GN, that changed my habits a long way, got rid of both of them and purchased my first 87 GN (which to this day I still owned and now a stage 2 motor) and had a blast until now. I think the GNs are the ultimate toy as it is ungodly fast and durable if modified right and reasonable when it comes to bang for your bucks. It is useful, show, and more go type of cars. (useful to me during lean years as I installed snow tires on this baby and used it 3 full winters, my only mode of transport) As for the prices, the GNs will have its place it the automobile history and its price will be unlimited to the pocket of the buyer.It will be those folks who never owned a GN (but aware what this beast is all about) but now has the ability to afford one. Enjoy the ride!!!

GN's Forever!!

I really don't know why Buick (GM) just doesn't recreate the GN today. I MEAN TO EXACT SPECS AND PAINT. Wouldn't that be awesome???? I mean really??? Even with the hard closing and tin-ee sounding doors, Slow windows, cracked driver's manifold and all. Just like back in 87. When I become a billionaire, I will be the one to do it! Mark my words. :) :cool: :biggrin:

I can smell the fresh scent of the GN coming off the assembly line right now just like the golden years!!!!!!!

Keep America and it's dreams alive! :)

I guess if you haven't ever owned a GN you have NO clue on what I am saying and feel ;)

GNDen said:
I really don't know why Buick (GM) just doesn't recreate the GN today. I MEAN TO EXACT SPECS AND PAINT. Wouldn't that be awesome???? I mean really??? Even with the hard closing and tin-ee sounding doors, Slow windows, cracked driver's manifold and all. Just like back in 87. When I become a billionaire, I will be the one to do it! Mark my words. :) :cool: :biggrin:

I can smell the fresh scent of the GN coming off the assembly line right now just like the golden years!!!!!!!

Keep America and it's dreams alive! :)

I guess if you haven't ever owned a GN you have NO clue on what I am saying and feel ;)

Exact specs??? No way ! With modern technology and car knowledge imagine how much MORE powerful a "stock" GN could be!!!

But as far as appearance.......I wouldn't change a thing!

Better yet, Imagine the "New GN" having a small block V-8 with Turbocharging management! Friggin Rocket! Faster than any Euro Sportscar!

Too Good To Be True!!!!!!

Aaah! I figure to keep it exactly the same so we can have all the old school people come out of the wood works and utilize all the original parts just like back in the heyday!

Just think about it. Everybody with GN's and GNX's!!!!!! This time instead of 547.....547,000!!!!!! WOW!!! We can all love and enjoy that!!!! and BEST yet.... THE SAME EXACT PRICES AS BACK IN 1987... WOW!!! What a dream!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :wink: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Whose with me on that!! ;) :)

What I wanna know is, how many did they make like my 87 GN? :)
I have manual crank windows, manual door locks, no t-tops or sunroof, 4 speaker stereo, no extra lighting options, no cruise, a factory lightweight. :eek:

I would like to actually look up somewhere to see exactly how many they made like it, I've never seen another one (althought there has to be some out there). I originally bought it because I was sick of my 4 door GM cars window and lock motors fouling up, so I wanted a GN with none of that.

Anyone know how I can find out how many were made like mine?

Honestly, I think an 87 GN with 50- 70K on it, and in decent shape {runs well, no issues, no rust etc.} is worth 11-12K...

Kirban seems to have a couple good deals right now :smile: WE4 ;)

Here are the prices for the 4 cars. The 1987 Grand
National as noted before is still $17,900 with 30,300
miles. The dark metallic blue 1986 T-Type with 43,300
miles is $13,600, the 1987 white Turbo-T with 77,500
miles is $12,600. The WE4 with 51,000 miles on it
comes in at $11,900.

Art-87TR said:
Kirban seems to have a couple good deals right now :smile: WE4 ;)

Here are the prices for the 4 cars. The 1987 Grand
National as noted before is still $17,900 with 30,300
miles. The dark metallic blue 1986 T-Type with 43,300
miles is $13,600, the 1987 white Turbo-T with 77,500
miles is $12,600. The WE4 with 51,000 miles on it
comes in at $11,900.

Ya, I'm going to call them Monday about that We-4. It's JUST like the one I sold, but mine did not have tilt. It's a "little" above what I think it's worth especially since it's gonna need to be stripped and repainted {Paint is cracking, typical GM nonsense} :eek:

Think they will negotiate or am I wasting my time? :confused:

DR. EVIL said:
What I wanna know is, how many did they make like my 87 GN? :)
I have manual crank windows, manual door locks, no t-tops or sunroof, 4 speaker stereo, no extra lighting options, no cruise, a factory lightweight. :eek:

I would like to actually look up somewhere to see exactly how many they made like it, I've never seen another one (althought there has to be some out there). I originally bought it because I was sick of my 4 door GM cars window and lock motors fouling up, so I wanted a GN with none of that.

Anyone know how I can find out how many were made like mine?

Back in late 87 or 88 I saw a GN just like yours in Florida. At that point, I had not yet seen a roll up window GN! I assume it was a Dealer marketing idea.........order a Bare-Bones GN to keep the sticker low, and sell em like hot cakes to anyone that wanted to go fast! :biggrin:

My 2nd GN is a T-top, digital dash car with roll ups and no power door locks, ever heard of that???? It has the 2 most costly options but doesn't have the 2 cheapest?? LOL.

Gn

WOW. Bigal that is rare....Leave it to Buick!!!? Who the heck would order that car optioned! :confused:

:)

Yeah I know, it's Very weird?!?!?!? And my 86 came with Every factory option that they offered, sentinal switch and all.

Think they will negotiate or am I wasting my time?

The middle of winter is the best time to buy! I would start about
2K - 3K lower and see what happens :biggrin:

Looks like Kirban sold the WE4..

As of this writing we have a customer sending full
payment for the WE4 we have for sale. This customer
already has one WE4 and wants a second one. He is
thrilled that it has crank windows as he recognizes
the fact that makes it a little different than most.
Currently all the other cars are still available.

Ya, I know it sold. I called Dennis on Friday and left a message about it....he called me Monday and told me it was sold.......its going to Florida :(

So True about the had it in HS want it now syndrom...Funny how that works out..

I am 41,

This is my race car (almost identical to the one I had in HS)

launch10_76_cropped.jpg

And this is my Street Cruiser, the car I wanted when I was in College !!!!

GN2_small.jpg

Is there a way to find out exactly how many GN's were produced with the same options?
I have an 86 with tilt, cruise, rear window defroster, driver power seat, power windows, door locks, dig. cluster, digital climate control. I don't have T-Tops, concert sound, or int. lighting option.

I didn't even know dig. dash was an option until I picked my car up just 373 days ago.

I found another one just like it, but it has manual windows. I am trying to buy it. I have been for 6-7 months. I just called the guy this morning. He claims it is going to his son. It is rough, but it drives and is original.

That would be a good tid bit of info wouldn't it!! My 86 came with everything available including T-tops, concert sound, sentinel switch, digital dash and all of the other power options (car is MINT!!!!)

mc71454 said:
So True about the had it in HS want it now syndrom...Funny how that works out..

I am 41,

This is my race car (almost identical to the one I had in HS)

launch10_76_cropped.jpg

And this is my Street Cruiser, the car I wanted when I was in College !!!!

GN2_small.jpg

Crazy isn't it? :rolleyes: It's like you go through cycles in life.........Ya, I had a 68Chevelle SS 396-4-speed all original and a 68 GTO/400 and a 68 Charger R/t 440......damn......if I only had them now......imagine the monetary value as well???!!!! Today I'd have to sell my house to afford them in the condtition they were in back then...... :frown:

Not to be combative, but I think the talk of "sky-high" values today and tomorrow for these cars needs to be put in check for many reasons (most of them external to the car itself).

I remember hearing talk 10 years ago of how much these cars would be worth in x years, including today. I'm still not seeing it. Based on the statements and numbers flowing in this thread, I shouldn't have any trouble selling my (admittedly less than perfect) 87 for $8500, yet I am. Granted I have done NO advertising, but apparently people should be beating down my door.

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=296075