The slow death of an 86 GN

smallv6

Still in Block Learn Mode
There is this 86 GN down the road from my folks house. It has been there as long as I can remember. It has been sitting in this guy's driveway.
Today the guy is having a moving sale and has the car for sale.
This is what I found:
It is a 1986 with 55,000 miles
The paint is so shot it has been sun burned to the primer with surface rust all over.
Rats have infested the vehicle, They have eaten away the entire hoodliner.
The bottoms of the doors are rusted, The frame is rusted, The engine looks like a spiders home.
The car smelled like a wet dog.
The tires are flat, rims are rusted, centercaps missing, gaskets are dry rotted to the point of blowing away with the breeze.
There is no battery, I doubt the car will ever run.
The last inspection was in 1995.
The drivers front fender is smashed in with the marker light hanging by the wires.
The shocks are spent, as well as the suspension in general.
This was about the most rough looking GN I have ever seen.
It is ready for the scrap yard.
But hey! If you are interested you can buy it for the low low price of $7500.00 :eek:

Cool makes mine worth more. :)

No more wet dog smell for me, fixed the leak. :cool:

Mice eat more cars than rats, they like wiring too. :eek:

$7500 :D

:mad: That really is pothetic. Just another nut who thinks he has a goldmine and has a basketcase.

sounds familiar

here ,there is a one owner 87 GN w/ 38K sitting behind a body shop. It went in w/ a dented drives door at least 2 years ago. Apparently the shops waiting on a payment or something. I spoke with the owner about buying it(before I got my 86). He only wanted $17,500. It wouldn't start,needed new paint,the interior door panel was missing, needed all new weather stripping and lots of other stuff(including the dented door). Its's still sitting there w/ weeds and grass growing up aroung it.:(
its sad

These kind of idiots make my head hurt. The country folks will say"Im gonna fix it up one day". Then years later it is hauled off for scrap. All it would take to save these sitting cars is a few $20 tarps every decadeor so. These fools wont even cover their dashboards with a free piece cloth, or a scrap box, etc.

Thats very sad, What a waste, If he is willing to work the price I will be more than happy to give him $75.00 :eek: :D

I saw a GN sitting at a garage up the street. I pulled into take a closer look at it. First glance it's been out of inspection since 10/01, the white letters on the tires are running down on to the black sidewall from sitting outside, the wheels are chrome, green and brake dust black, the emblems are shot and the paint looks like it's never been washed. Well out comes the mechanic and it turns out I know him. He tells me that it's a one owner car with 22,000 miles on it. He proceeds to tell me that it sits outside all year, but with a car cover. I've seen 122,000 mile GN's that were taken better care of. I ask him if the guys wants to sell it, he says no. He then tells me that he offered the guy $9,500 for it last year and the guy turned him down. If it's still there I'll snap a picture of it. It's very sad to see a car with that low of mileage in such poor condition.