The Showbiz Show with David Spade

talstar

Anyone watched the start of it? David Spade is driving a 86 or 87 Grand National.

I didnt know till may 22, i had no idea. My thread is down at the bottom

What day is it on again? ;)

BW

last car I saw him in was a rusted beat-up multi-colored 69 dodge charger.

last car I saw him in was a rusted beat-up multi-colored 69 dodge charger.

I assume you're talking about the daytona charger (big wing) from Joe Dirt. My dad is a HUGE mopar guy, and gets all the mopar mags. There was an article about the movie when it first came out, since its chock full of mopars, and David spade is a known mopar nut (look at all his various mopar rides in his movies).

the guy who built the cars for Joe Dirt (can;t remember his name) is a big name mopar restorer. He obviously didnt ruin an original Daytona for the movie (BIG $$$$) but cloned a regular charger to look like one, and he said the hardest most time consuming part was to get it to look like an old junker. Just for yuks, he took the car to one of the bigger mopar shows, and even in that junky condition, with crap interior, chain steering wheel, etc. he had people offering him upwards of 70-80k for it, thinking it was an original daytona.... At least overpricing, inflation, and speculation hasnt hit our cars NEARLY so bad as the muscle mopars... at least not yet.