The seat belts want to cut my head off.

crow

Is there a replacement for the part that the seatbelt slides through connected to the side pilar on the body. I'm having to slide the seatbelt under my armpit to avoid the rubbing on my neck. I amd 5'11" and my wife is 5' and she has issues with this too.
Thanks.

fix the retractor levers inside the door jam then when the door is shut the belt wont be pulling against your chest , youll be able to pull them a little away from your chest and they will stay there

SAW the title and made me think about when i was a kid..my dad was a fireman he's retired know...but he use to tell me stories about the early 80-90's about people being decapitated and getting almost sliced in half near there intestine's by their seatbelt..he would also tell me about the complete destuction of someone's mouth when you eat the steering wheel with no airbag..some dude died for choking on his own teeth..my old man has seen some crazy chit.. i believe when its your turn to go its your time nothing is going to stop it...your title made me think about the old stories he would tell me

I am not sure if its safe, but I put mine under the belt guide on the headrest. It pulls it on top of my shoulder and away from my neck. I am 5'10".

You can replace the factory belt guide with loops from F-body cars. Either hit a junk yard or seek a vendor like Kirbans.

Sounds like he already has the Fbody loops since he said the thing the belt slides through by the headrest.

David
87GN

Is there a replacement for the part that the seatbelt slides through connected to the side pilar on the body. I'm having to slide the seatbelt under my armpit to avoid the rubbing on my neck. I amd 5'11" and my wife is 5' and she has issues with this too.
Thanks.

Did you fix this?

You can just remove that part that in the side pilar and the seat belt will work fine.Just when you open your door you will have to pull on the seat belt to make it return.

Shaun

Funny...

A couple booster seats from a restaurant??

Yea, you're funny Chuck but at your age looks won't get it without a fat wallet and a lot of luck.
DrinkinCoffee.gif

I've been sol for a while myself.:redface:

BTW - for the OP, my wife uses a fuzzy little wrap thing with Velcro attachements around her shoulder strap to keep it comfy.

HTH
Bob

crow,
I purchased a set of shoulder belt pad cushions for mine off EBAY for $10, there black with buick symbol on them , Im 5' 7" so I feel your pain. there very nice an comfortable. the symbol is beautifully sowed in an also BUICK.
SAR MOTORSPORTS INTERNATIONAL item # 290589659853 tried pasting link but not working but here is the name of the store and the item number. there so nice!! HTH

ray

5'7 and wife is 5'2 we both have issues with this one But Like someone said above it seems to help when you put the belt under the guide on the seat. Have not purchased the F-body loops as we have a baby to put in and out so it seems that will make it harder to do.
I think they design all cars for 6 foot people the wifes 07 stang does this even worse then the T does. We also picked up the fuzzy belt covers they look like crap as they are lamb skin looking but the belt will not cut your neck any more :)

1987 T you missed the point

inside the jamb there's a paddle lever down near the bottom held in by two small phillips screws
problem is most cars i find the paddle lever snapped off so the belt always retracts and it is annoying..
fix is replace the seat belt retractor release that is in the door jamb and the belt wont ride your neck.
the mechanism activates the seat belt retractor ratchet pawl when the door is closed and youll be able to pull the belt to have slack and it will stay there.
worried about the slack dont be ,there's a weighted pendulum pawl in the retractor that when theres a sudden forward momentum shock the belt will retract, snug up and then lock