the "rim" on GNX wheels....

87MNGN

I have a set of GNX wheels on my 87 GN and I am wondering....is the "rim" of the wheel polished aluminum or is it chrome-plated? I haven't seen the car in a LONG time, therefore do not know what they look like. I am just wondering what I should use to clean them when I get home next week. Any info would be greatly appreciated. THANKS GUYS!

Originally posted by 87MNGN
I have a set of GNX wheels on my 87 GN and I am wondering....is the "rim" of the wheel polished aluminum or is it chrome-plated? I haven't seen the car in a LONG time, therefore do not know what they look like. I am just wondering what I should use to clean them when I get home next week. Any info would be greatly appreciated. THANKS GUYS!
When you choose an aluminum wheel polish make sure it is safe for clearcoat.Most of the polishes are c.c. safe nowadays.If your wheels are in good shape they should have a clearcoat on them.However,depending on roadwear and what they've been cleaned with over the last 12 or so years they may not have clearcoat anymore.:cool: