The new ride (not a buick)

efi-street

No, it's not a Buick...but it does haul ass like one.

2003 Ebony Cobra.
Cobra13Mar03-313.JPG

More pics in my sig.

Very nice!

That's defiately the best Mustang Ford has made in the past 23 years. I'll personally hold out for the 2005. ;)

i HATE fords but i used to work at a ford dealership as a detailer and ill tell ya, i kinda wish i was still there so i could go beat on that car....its gotta be a fun ride....at least funner than the slow as lightnings/gts/and '02 cobras

Originally posted by fireberd350
at least funner than the slow as lightnings/gts/and '02 cobras

What is a 02 Cobra?
What truck is faster than Lightning?
I will concede the slow GT.

02 cobra is more specifically a 2002 Ford Mustang Cobra....not to be a wise ass or anything:D

oh and im not a lightning fan at all but them '03 harley f-150 w/ the eaton are soooooo bad azz....id take one of them anyday..

Very nice Clay! I'd like a ride in that hoss one day. Personally I think you made a wise move on getting that one and not holding out for the 05 with the retro styling. I'm all for retro stying, but IMHO I feel Ford is missing the mark on the styling pics I've seen of the next bodystyle. Just one man's opinion....

Originally posted by Evans Ward
Very nice Clay! I'd like a ride in that hoss one day. Personally I think you made a wise move on getting that one and not holding out for the 05 with the retro styling. I'm all for retro stying, but IMHO I feel Ford is missing the mark on the styling pics I've seen of the next bodystyle. Just one man's opinion....

I like the new styling, but there won't be a cobra in the new body style until 2006 or 2007. That's a long time. You're welcome to a ride anytime.

Originally posted by fireberd350
02 cobra is more specifically a 2002 Ford Mustang Cobra....not to be a wise ass or anything:D

What krom was getting at is that they didn't have a Cobra for '02.
2001 was the last one before the '03's.

I like the Lightnings too, but needed a back seat...that's the same reason I didn't look at the Z06's. A Harley would have done the trick too...just not as quick.

Gotta get a wheel hop kit first.
Or enough dry weather to learn to launch it. Tis damn fun from
a roll though.

What are dealers doing for cobras? are they gouging, selling for sticker or cutting deals?

Since they are limited production, I'd guess they are gouging, but with the economy the way it is, I can't really know. They are a good deal for the price, but I'm very cheap :)

Originally posted by UNGN
What are dealers doing for cobras? are they gouging, selling for sticker or cutting deals?

Since they are limited production, I'd guess they are gouging, but with the economy the way it is, I can't really know. They are a good deal for the price, but I'm very cheap :)

Many were marking them up, but most are at MSRP now. I've heard scattered tales of a few dealers even dealing on MSRP. My advice is to pick up a well cared for pre-owned one that still has the warranty. As a matter of fact, PM me and I'll sell you mine. :D