The last Oil Filter you will ever buy! The Best and the Baddest!

Man, you try to give guys a superior product they may not even know is there and....

Post all this "data" on your website instead of constantly bumping this thread to the top of our tech forum. If someone is interested in your product, they will find your website.

Look, you even have your own Vendor forum further down on the main page, seems like a good place for this thread.

:)

The reason this is posted here is because it is a VERY good product for our cars. You can ck your turbo, engine or trans at ANYTIME! It is more of a tech thing than a sale. I don't care if you buy one or not, (you are missing out tho) but I want our community to KNOW what is out there that will benefit them. If you don't like it, don't read it. Pretty frickin simple.
But when I find a superior product such as these, I tell the world. Yes, I have a stake in it, however, it is still THE BEST ON THE MARKET today for ANY application. If not, the cheap a$$ed State of California would not be intrested.
Sheesh. always one in the bunch.....:rolleyes:

Next post is , "I can't afford it" I can see it now.:D

Bruce
We4

No Way

Lets Get Fo Real Its Just A Good Looking Oil Filter .not Worth 125.00 its A Oil Filter You Cant Even See It Down At The Bottom

i have been reading up on the mobil 1 advanced and it seems pretty comparible to yours for filtering and is only 10 bucks. seeing as i change my oil once a year because car's driven less then 1k a year. i can go about 12 years for the cost of yours who knows if i'll have the car that long. gotta come up w/ a better price imo

This sounds like a good product.

I bought the System 1 cleanable filter about 11 years ago and if i remember correctly it was in the $60.00 range but now it's up around $155.00 for the same filter.

The cleanable filter is a nice to have item if you change your oil often.

I don't want to hear YOU say it's the best, I want to hear somebody who isn't making money off of it say it's the best!

So are when you say a "true 35 micron filter" means that the filter is 100% efficient at 35 microns.

I do not see any testing with efficiency ratings. You can state it is a 35 micron filter, but if it is not 100% efficient, then bigger particles will get by. That is the gimic the filter comanies use. They state their filter is a 5 micron, but the efficiency might be 10% at 5 microns. It doesn't mean that anything bigger than 5 microns will not pass through.

Reusable filters are nice, we use them for dyno motors with dry sump systems. I think unless you are set up for cleaning them, it might be easier to go with a disposable filter though.

I noticed the filter comparison showed the no longer produced Amsoil ASL line. Several people have done particle counts on the current EAO filters and have had amazing results. The biggest particle they let throught was 20 microns and the average was much lower, down at the 5-10 micron level. It was actually worred at first that the filters filtered so good they might filter the VIIs out of the oil. Even though these filters have been proven to be the best spin on filter on the market, everyone still has Pure one or Mobil one in their heads.

I don't want to hear YOU say it's the best, I want to hear somebody who isn't making money off of it say it's the best!

Extra products (Radiators and oil filters for bruce) help bring in money. Alot of folks do it though

Ok here is unbiased testing and more info

Reusable Oil Filters

This is a site Paul at SE Turbo and I got together on to give you guys the "TRUTH" about oil filters and testing.
It is there for YOUR inoformation and reading. Like My partner Dave says, "Never take anybody's word on something. If you feel you need to know , research it and go from there." Here is an excerp from the site for a taste. Go there and READ!
DO NOT BE DECEIVED!

http://www.reusable-oil-filter.com/Testing/ibr-lab-results-web.jpg

Additional Testing / Information Sources

www.oilfilterstudy.com
This site has actual test results on various filters. A special point of interest is the disparity in what you may read on the filter packaging for micron sizes, vs. what was actually found to be the size of particles passed by a particular filter. Even though a filter may be advertised at 10 microns, they can and do pass particles much larger than that. Hence the value of actual lab testing.

Beware of some of the other "studies" you may find on the internet where they cut apart some oil filters and make a bunch of assumptions based on what they see inside. Appearances can be deceiving. For example, just because a filter has a mile of surface area, one might be tempted to state that it is a much better filter because of the larger surface area. But if the filter material is bunched so tightly together that the pleats are touching, the filtering capability of the pleats is eliminated and the "effective" surface area has been reduced to just the outside circumference of the filter element. Flow and filtering capacity is now greatly reduced. So if you read that a particular filter is good or bad be sure it is backed up with valid testing, not just someone's opinion.

Bob Is The Oil Guy
This site is a great primer for knowing what makes oil work and what happens to it over time.

Want to do a little of your own testing? Here is a test you can perform without the expense of paying an independent lab.
To compare the general flow rates of filters:

Procure a set amount of amount of oil (i.e1 gal. We recommend a single viscosity. 30w works well at around 70 degrees F), the oil filter elements to be tested, a funnel, some sort of oil catch pan and some sort of timer with a second hand.
Note: To test spin on filters you will have to carefully cut the case off of the steel filter assembly to gain access to the filter core. You may also have to do a little work to hold the filter core assembly together with the outside case missing. Be sure not to disturb the element pleats or internal support tube so that you get a fairly accurate representation of what the filter element flows as manufactured.
With the oil, the filter elements and any other items being used in the test all at the same room temperature, pour the oil through the 1st filter element and time how long it takes the entire amount to flow through filter element
Repeat the process with the subsequent filter elements and compare results (of course you'll want to include one of our reusable oil filters in this test).

We are providing the info right from the "testing lab" not from any of us involved.
Ck it out.
Any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks guys
Bruce
WE4
K & P Engineering
PTS Xtreme
Se Turbo Perfromance