The Greater Charlotte Area Turbo Buicks Track Visit...

NCTURBOS

Gettin' back in action!!
Staff member
We are trying to get an idea of who would like to have a small gathering of TR's at one of our local tracks for some test-n-tune. With the nice weather we have had in the last few days, and plenty more to come, a few of us just want to get out of the house and do some racing!

If anyone has a particular track or date they would like to put into consideration please post!! We'd like to make it as convenient as possible so we can have a bunch of cars show.

Right now we are looking at approximately 3 weeks or so down the road to do this. Current possible tracks are Mooresville and Rockingham. Mooresville is kind of central but is only 1/8 mile and Thursday nights suck there for getting multiple runs. Rockingham is 1/4 mile but is out of the way for some and track prep usually sucks. I'm told Rockingham will be doing Saturday night test-n-tune again this year also. That might be our best choice!?

Let us know your ideas, and lets get together at the track.

K.

Mooresville would be more central for the guys on this end, but Thursdays do suck.
What days does Shaddyside have their test and tunes on?
As far as dates anything but the end of each month. Always work that weekend.
1/8 or a 1/4 does matter to me, I'm just wanting to make my 1st pass.:D

Scott,

If you can find out more info. on Shady-Side let us know.

How about the Raleigh/Greensboro area guys? There are quite a few TR's from there I'd like to see visit the track with us also.

K.

Shadyside has the worst traction of any track any where. It has slightly less traction than my driveway in the rain. Plus helmets are manditory and vests are optional.....someone got shot there last year.

Sully

Sully,

Is your car gonna be ready to do this here soon? You need to change your sig. in regards to the cam.

Your choice of track??

K.

I probably won't be ready much before Bowling Green.... If it happens to be ready by Norwalk I am going to go there.

Sully

Originally posted by V6 Beast
Shadyside has the worst traction of any track any where. It has slightly less traction than my driveway in the rain. Plus helmets are manditory and vests are optional.....someone got shot there last year.

Sully

Well that was not a good ideal then.( never been just throwing out ideals). I Know of Wilksboro also but that's way up on this end.
Mooresville is about as far east as I can make it.

Originally posted by getchasum
Either of you guys going to make it up to Hickory this weekend?

I'm not going to make it as of now. Maybe things will change by Sat.

K.

I am interested.. I need to get some valve stem seals put in but I would hope this would be done by then...

Originally posted by aperrego
I am interested.. I need to get some valve stem seals put in but I would hope this would be done by then...

I would assume if you haven't already replaced the valve-springs you are doing that at the same time also!?

Any preference of track and/or date?

K.

what about farmington dragway at the end of the month. they did alot of improvements over the winter and it looks great.

Would be interested in Shadyside as a couple of other cars in town would be to. As far as traction, I've ran low 7's with stock suspension and a 1.53 60ft. Helmets are required running in the 6's most of the time. This track is known as an outlaw track so they aren't to strict on the safety. As far as the shooting is concerned, thats what happens when you get "rapper crappers" and crack heads together. A few of mine friends went their thinking that is was a usual test and tune night but a group of people rented the track for "rumble in the jungle/hip flop night". As they were the only white people there. I don't think the "group" will be renting the track again. Lets go racing!

Yes I was able to run some 7.30's and 7.40's there and get maybe a high 1.59 60'. But at Mooresville I run high 6.80's with 1.45-1.49 60's. I was losing traction past 60' at Shadyside.

Sully

All the tracks are being considered. But we want to try and keep things somewhat centralized, as there are some cars closer to the coast that are wanting to come. I don't think it would be too "fair" for some to drive 4-hours and others only 30-minutes.

K.

Originally posted by V6 Beast
Sounds like the Rock is the place..... 1/4 mile and centrally located.

Sully

That's where my vote is also, but I'm not the only vote. Rockingham seems to be approx. 2 hours away from all people interested (Charlotte, Triad, Coastal areas), which puts it in the middle.

K.

Originally posted by NCTURBOS
I would assume if you haven't already replaced the valve-springs you are doing that at the same time also!?

Any preference of track and/or date?

K.

Actually I am going ahead and getting the Champion Irons, I don't know if I will be ready by then but we shall see..