The GNX crash at Columbus....my story.

FWIW and only my opinion after seeing Bobb Makley (sp) car go into the woods at Cecil two years ago after losing his brakes a parachute is a wise investment no matter what the speed.

After running down to his car and seeing how bad he was hurt that was my decision to put a parachute on, again this is only my opinion but anything over 120-125 should require a chute.

Plus chicks dig parachutes:biggrin:

FWIW and only my opinion after seeing Bobb Makley (sp) car go into the woods at Cecil two years ago after losing his brakes a parachute is a wise investment no matter what the speed.

After running down to his car and seeing how bad he was hurt that was my decision to put a parachute on, again this is only my opinion but anything over 120-125 should require a chute.

Plus chicks dig parachutes:biggrin:

They're cool on cruise nights too;)

We just installed a chute on the TSM car. It only traps 142 but think it's a good idea just in case you need it. When I lost steering in Reynolds last year I knew not to touch the brakes or the car would turn. I pulled the chute before the 1/8 which took me from 130 at the 1/8 to 109 at the 1/4 without brakes. The car still coasted at least 600 more feet after the finish before contacting the wall. Had it not been for the chute, the damage would have been much worse.

Attachments

• cruise.jpg
    cruise.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 326
After seeing the pic's on the other post He's very lucky. I hope he's back on the road & track soon.

I remember being at the local track here in SoCal when after my burnout with the line lock the brake peddle got rock hard. :eek: I drove down the track and put it on the trailer all with the e-brake. I'm just happy it happen when it did. :redface: