The General would be proud

turbojimmy

Supporting Member
So I went over to my Dad's house to put my GN away. I'm keeping it at his house while my totaled Caddy occupies the GN's spot at my house. In order to get the GN in it's spot, I had to move my dad's 99 Camaro SS and his '80 Vette. My '02 TA converible was already there, and my brother was there with his T. I got to thinking that there was a lot of GM hardware there so I snapped some pics. Absent from the picture is my dad's '67 Vette (in the garage covered) and the '01 Camaro SS convertible that my brother is buying today.

Some pics:

gms-1.jpg

gms-2.jpg

gms-3.jpg

gms-4.jpg

gms-5.jpg

gms-6.jpg

gms-7.jpg

And to think I used to own a Mustang!

Jim

Impressive lineup! Is there room heightwise in the garage to fit a "storage" lift? You could fit a few more cars.:biggrin:

I used to visit Ledgewood a few years back at a place called Adam Metal. It was off of RT46 but set back a ways. The gentleman that owned the shop had an impressive collection of antique Army tanks, jeeps, cannons and trucks. It's been a while since I've been up there. Quite a haul from my neck of the woods.

Impressive lineup! Is there room heightwise in the garage to fit a "storage" lift? You could fit a few more cars.:biggrin:

I used to visit Ledgewood a few years back at a place called Adam Metal. It was off of RT46 but set back a ways. The gentleman that owned the shop had an impressive collection of antique Army tanks, jeeps, cannons and trucks. It's been a while since I've been up there. Quite a haul from my neck of the woods.

Thanks!

Yeah, he could get a lift in here. I'm selling my house (long story) and will probably move my lift over to his place if the new owner isn't interested in it.

I don't remember Adam Metal, but you never know what's tucked back off of the roads in this neck of the woods.

My brother picked up a pewter Camaro SS convertible today, too. We'll have to add it to the line up. It's an "SLP" car, too, according to the decals on the doors.

Jim

Me likes the red SS.:cool:

My father LOVES it. He swears it gets like 35 MPG and can get around on the Blizzaks better than a 4WD truck in the winter. :rolleyes: It's a great car though.

BTW, Here's another addition that I just picked up last week. It's an 01 SLP SS M6.

Attachments

• IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 127
I love that vette, my dad has a couple but they are mid 70's. Something about the front end that just looks sexy.

My father LOVES it. He swears it gets like 35 MPG

Ya never know, I honestly got close to 32mpg in my vette on the way back from Torrance, CA in February, gotta love the 6 speeds:D

Great looking line up of cars and looks like a very nice home.

I love that vette, my dad has a couple but they are mid 70's. Something about the front end that just looks sexy.

Yeah, that's my favorite look, too. Before 1980 they just looked like they were missing something in the front end. They lost all their sexy lines from '84 on up.

roc87 said:
Ya never know, I honestly got close to 32mpg in my vette on the way back from Torrance, CA in February, gotta love the 6 speeds

Great looking line up of cars and looks like a very nice home.

For some reason my '02 TA only gets 14 MPG with the 6-speed. I have an unusually heavy right foot, though :biggrin:

Thanks for the compliments. The house had a late-60s sized single car garage (read: not big enough for anything) when my dad bought the place. He put that garage on in the 80s when it became apparent that his sons were growing up gearheads, too.

Jim