The fun continues.

ledzeppac

I reluctantly took my car to Pep Boys to get the brakes changed and they quoted me for a bunch of other BS. The "mechanic" said I desperatly need to fix the right front tie rod & idler arm?
$42 outer tie rode-onestop
$119 E tie rid end both
$85 idler arm

Or something to that effect, because my steering and wear on the tires is being affected. I did notice that my right front tire is bald compared to some tread on the others...

I said yah right your not touching it before I consult my real mechanics. So whats the deal with tie rods and steering and bald tires?

thanks guys, your the best.

I reluctantly took my car to Pep Boys to get the brakes changed and they quoted me for a bunch of other BS. The "mechanic" said I desperatly need to fix the right front tie rod & idler arm?
$42 outer tie rode-onestop
$119 E tie rid end both
$85 idler arm

Or something to that effect, because my steering and wear on the tires is being affected. I did notice that my right front tire is bald compared to some tread on the others...

I said yah right your not touching it before I consult my real mechanics. So whats the deal with tie rods and steering and bald tires?

thanks guys, your the best.

I bought all OEM parts except for the Energy Suspension control arm bushings then had them installed by Allen Tire off Imperial, and bastanchury. Then they aligned it. I was happy with their work.

i would just replace all your suspension components since its 20years old and then have it aligned and ask for the bar graph sheet at the end

Phil,

Allen Tire on Imperial also did some work and aligned both my GN and LS1 GTO back when still I owned it. They have a Hunter alignment machine, which is state-of-the-art sh!t when it comes to alignments. I too had to replace the tie rods and idler arm on the GN, and the Limited needed a pitman arm recently.

Phil,

Allen Tire on Imperial also did some work and aligned both my GN and LS1 GTO back when still I owned it. They have a Hunter alignment machine, which is state-of-the-art sh!t when it comes to alignments. I too had to replace the tie rods and idler arm on the GN, and the Limited needed a pitman arm recently.

+1 on the hunter machine

Phil,

Ok, I'll check Allen out and see what their cost is. I'll probably jsut get some OEM stuff becuase the cars not worth the extra money.

Morgan how have you been? I'll try and send you an email to catch up.