The forgotten T-types....

Esasky's85GN

RACE ME WITH WHAT?
Has anyone ever thought about what I like to refer to as the "forgotten" T-types?

For those who don't follow, in the eighties, Buick badged more that just the Regals and Riverias with the T-type print. Although the Regal T-types are the most sought after, I would love to own some of these other ones too!

1983-87 - Skyhawk T-Type
1983-85 - Skylark T-Type
1986 Somerset T-type
1983-86 - Century T-Type
1987-89 - Le Sabre T-Type (this is my favorite one of all the forgotten T's)
1985-90 - Electra T-Type

There are a few of the Le Sabre T's for sale within driving distance but some of the others are very hard to come by.

Many of the ones listed above didnt have forced induction (only the Skyhawk T-type was a turbo - 2.0 L 4 cylinder turbo). Most were just exterior/interior appearance packages.

If anyone knows of or comes across any for sale, do yourself a favor and go look at it. You just may be surprised how cool and timeless they really are.

Also, if anyone knows of any for sale, let me know. I would love to add a few of these to my other Buicks.

Thanks guys!

Chris

Theres a turbo Riviera in new Alexandria that's been on craigslist for a bit.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Wrong-wheel-drive isn't my style but if someone opted to save an '80s GM car like this I'd rather see a T than a Cavalier or a Grand Am. Those old T's are pretty uncommon.

They have a certain cool factor to them. The LeSabres are bad ass looking in all black.

Hey it would be cool to find some pics of these cars and post em here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• 1402628085276.jpg
    1402628085276.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 205
  • 1402628095793.jpg
    1402628095793.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 195
  • 1402628104556.jpg
    1402628104556.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 201
  • 1402628120828.jpg
    1402628120828.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 205
  • 1402628151128.jpg
    1402628151128.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 202
saying they are just an "appearance package" is like saying that a GN is just a black Regal..the T Type (Touring Type) package was more than just some styling stuff- those cars all got the better wheels, better suspension, different bodywork, and different interior trim than their regular counter parts. the fwd ones probably got a transaxle with deeper gearing and firmer shift calibration than the regular cars, too.

I myself have never forgotten about those other T types. I've wanted a (I know, it's silly) dark colored T type Somerset and Century for as long as I could remember. Why I'm obsessed with some antiquated, noname lack luster cars I have no idea. But I've always loved how everyone else's offerings were in either shit brown, shit blue, shit red, or shit cream, with horrible wheels and matching shit interiors, while the T offerings always had black out trim, black or grey interiors, and cool looking aluminum wheels. If anyone could take a total shitbox 80's wrong wheel drive 4 door family sedan and sporterize it, it was Buick. Still love them to this day.

You didn't mention the park avenue "T". I found one in a junkyard and bought the steering wheel/horn cap and T emblems off the side of it.

Those are the same as the Electra Ts correct? Built in mid 80s to like 90? Then became the park avenue ultra I think...

This is a fwd park avenue. Judging by the fact its a "t" and not a t type its probably 87 model year. Its still there im sure. I will get pics next time out

I had a century T-Type for awhile when I was in High School. The steering column, steering wheel, and the seats are now in my dad's 37 Chevy Street Rod.