The elusive Light Sage Metallic T for sale!

troGNman

Got Portholes?
Wow!! :eek:

I have admired that car for years. That is my ultimate Regal.

Definately worth the asking price (to me at least) :D

What kind of TB person would EVER part with that sweet thing---I got wood:eek: :eek: :) :) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Clay.....

.....Your pic site is a wonderful resource.

I use it frequently to show people that yes, Buick Turbos did come in other colors beside black.:cool:

The rarity of this car is hard to comprehend. Green Limited with the full chrome trim and green pillow seats. Heck, when was the last time you saw a green leather steering wheel?:eek:

Re: Clay.....

Originally posted by troGNman
.....Your pic site is a wonderful resource.

I use it frequently to show people that yes, Buick Turbos did come in other colors beside black.:cool:

The rarity of this car is hard to comprehend. Green Limited with the full chrome trim and green pillow seats. Heck, when was the last time you saw a green leather steering wheel?:eek:

Thanks man. That's what it's there for. My goal is to, one day, have pics of just about every color/option combination available.

As for this sage car. I seriously would have bought the thing if I had known it were available last week. It is #2 on my most wanted TR's list. But #1 would be a light sage with W02 blackout...I don't even know if there ever was one built though. I'd love to see pics.

Re: Clay.....

Originally posted by troGNman
Heck, when was the last time you saw a green leather steering wheel?:eek:

I bought one for my 87 Sage green limited(307 olds of course).....then forgot to remove it when I sold the car for $500 bucks...I regret it everyday, there cant be THAT many green leather wheels out there.

Yup, that's a rare one, but all things must pass. Price seems reasonable.

I've seen the car a few times and always wondered why the guy didn't leave it bone stock???

It's not too late to sell your GN and buy the T. Assuming you paid right for your GN, that is.

I imagine the folks who recover steering wheels can make you up any color? Like how about a nice pink wheel?

This car is mint!!! The guy that owned this car has about four binders full of info and paperwork...about three or four feet high if you stacked them up. He even chromed the sway bars!!! The car is unbelievable in person.

Pete

My 2nd TR was a 1986 T in Light Sage Metallic. I loved the color, and I loved the digital dash, the electronic touch climate control, and the sun roof. My pimp-daddy Regal.

The explanation of the color: the car was originally a WH1 Designer Series (rpo sticker verified that) complete with rear spoiler. The 1st owner was in medical school at the time and the paint started to fade (or check, I forget the specifics here). He took the car back to the dealership in So Cal and demanded a dealership repaint. He looked thru the paint chips and liked the Light Sage Metallic.

I *am* still looking for a car. But I need one to cage and go all out in. Could this be the car? Errr....no. Same reason I passed on Mark's cream limited in Florida. ;)

Very nice car. The ultimate cool in Buick circles. Beyond that you'd better be prepared to explain how it got all those trophies to everyone at the local car show. I agree it will be sold quick, but I have to wonder what maximum price it could fetch. Probably not as high as some might think.

clay if u want a pic of every color combo and option combo,
look at his website

www.turboGM.com

that CLEAN limited! never seen a cream limited with side markers and tan pillow interior, full chrom trim!

awsome!

I feel so used... :p

I hope to go through all your pics one day Clay. I think I used a couple on my Wallmaster screensaver program.

I am the proud new owner of the elusive Light Sage Metallic Limited T. I first saw the car in 1998 when I was at the Nationals and told myself then that if the car ever came up for sale I would do everthing I could to own it. Then through this board I read (Big thanks to troGNman) that Dennis Kirban had bought the car and was selling it. I knew this could be the only chance I may ever get to own this car.

Well, everything worked out. I got the car. Dennis was a great guy to deal with. The car was better that I had remembered it, absolutly stunning! The car came with so much, documentation, trophys, palques, org. wheels/tires. I enclosed trailered the car back from Kirbans house to NE Ohio, ironically about 40 minutes from the original area the car was from and where Dennis had picked it up a week or so before.

I give BIG thanks to troGNman and TurboBuick.com for posting it on this board. Although I dont post much, I try to read it almost daily. Looking forward to going to the Nats next year.

I'd get rid of the dark cover of the license plate before you get a ticket....but that's just me. Nice looking car....