The copying of other members avatars

gofstbuick

Administrator
Staff member
It has come to our attention that some members are using (or copying) the avatars of other members. Some of these creative members have spent countless hours and/or days creating some very custom avatars. While we at TurboBuick are not going to get into some arguement about copywrite , trademarks or whatever. This issue really is not about the issue above and it doesn't even apply. The issue at hand is that the originator of the avatar (for the most part) is quite proud of their work or finding a unique piece of art that represents the individual. Those members that copy and use anothers avatar, should at least have the courtesy to ask the originator for permission before using anothers avatar. This is really a matter of courtesy more than anything else. So while we will not create a rule about this we ask that before you copy and use another members avatar to be considerate of your fellow Buick member and ask first.
I don't expect these comments to turn into a shouting match and will close it if it gets out of hand. All we're asking you that this community and it's members be cognizant of the way we treat our friends and other members.

I probably have, don't know don't care. If any of the complainers have never used any information without crediting the proper owner then they are perfect. Mail me if my avatar is your intellectual property and maybe I will quit using it.

krom said:
I probably have, don't know don't care. If any of the complainers have never used any information without crediting the proper owner then they are perfect. Mail me if my avatar is your intellectual property and maybe I will quit using it.
-----------------------------
FWIW, Krom, that's a look avatar. I like that.

HaHa...Pisswiners :wink:

Reminds me of the commercial,... Your peanut butter got into my chocolate, NO YOUR chocolate got into my peanut butter.....

If someone has the time to make their own flash avatar, then im sure they have the time to PM or EMAIL the plagiarist of their wrong doing...

Why the sticky? I thought those were saved for important issues :confused:

BW :)