the car feels down on power.

Reaper

Pit Bitch
i just hooked up my SMC alchy kit and i am in the process of trying to tun the thing. i am runing a max effort in the 2nd position offline Fp @ 47psi, i will lower that to 46 tonight). my alchy come on at about 12psi and i am running 15 for now. how ever only on certain occations can i get to 15psi. my guess is that the nozzle set up is loose and leting un metered air in to the up pipe. i am going to check all the hose today to rule them put. could this be the reason that my car feels down on power?

last night i made a few hi speed runs on a long stretch of road to see whats up with it.my o2s are about 885 in 3rd gear witn no retard. on the shifts i get a few points ~.6.

what should i do? i am new to this whole tunning thing

thanks
Dathan

With .885 counts you are definitely rich. What was you O2 reading before alcohol?
What kind of alcohol are you using?
The other way to reduce richness is to up the boost.
If your chip is a 93 or street chip, you should be able to run far more boost than 15#.
Plat it safe & up the boost 1-2# at a time and watch your O2 reading drop.
On my 93 chip I am running 21# boost on 93 fuel with no knock & O2 around 780-800. I could get another 1-2# more but I am happy.
Gary :)

my o2 where in the 820 range before the smc kit, now i am worried about the car being down on power not so much being rich i have not touched the fp just upped the boost. the car used to jump to 15psi now it get 12 in 1st and 2nd then hits 15 in 3rd some times just 12 in third i will have to make some more passes.

in the SMC instructions he says use some jb weld to get the nozzle to seal anyone done that i am thinking i have air coming in my up pipe causing it to like that?

Dathan

The down on power sounds more like way tooooo rich.
If you had unmeasured or unmetered air then the engine would be running leaner, not richer.
What is your pump speed set for?
I have mine turning on at 14# boost and speed control set at 6 and using denatured alcohol (70%), methanol(20%) distilled water (10%).
I was using straight methanol & had to turn the pump speed down to 4.
Gary :)

ok ok ..... makes penty o sense. my pump speed is till up on the air i have it at 2 most of the time with no knock at my boost level i will trun it up a bit, lower the fp a tad turn up the boost 2 pounds and set my pump speed at about 4 and see what happens. i plan on going to the track on saturday and see whats up.

thanks
dathan

I believe your FP is way to high, I run a ME16pos for 83's and FP at 43. 47 sounds way rich. Give Steve an email and he'll give ya some advice.

Andy

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
my o2 where in the 820 range before the smc kit, now i am worried about the car being down on power not so much being rich i have not touched the fp just upped the boost. the car used to jump to 15psi now it get 12 in 1st and 2nd then hits 15 in 3rd some times just 12 in third i will have to make some more passes.

in the SMC instructions he says use some jb weld to get the nozzle to seal anyone done that i am thinking i have air coming in my up pipe causing it to like that?

Dathan

JB Weld that thing! You have air going out not in. Take it for a drive before the JB Weld dries and you'll see what I am talking about. Crank up the boost.
Whats your pump speed at?

the instructions i got with the max e have it set at 46/47 i am going t turn it down to 46 maybe 45 some where in there.

i will JB weld the nozzle and see if that helps out.

my pump speed is at 2 or 3 right now i am working on getting the boost up so the pump speed will have to increase as that gose up.

Dathan

Dude, crank that turbo up to 20 lbs of boost and up that pump to about 7. I'm running a 108 chip at 21 lbs of boost on a stock turbo and injectors with 0 KR.

Originally posted by BLACK6PACK
Dude, crank that turbo up to 20 lbs of boost and up that pump to about 7. I'm running a 108 chip at 21 lbs of boost on a stock turbo and injectors with 0 KR.

not flaming you black,

but i am sure its not that easy to tune the alchy. just walk out to the car crank up the boost and let er rip with a 23* race chip in the ecm. i am going to take a little slower than that. i would like to know when you alchy is coming on.

Dathan