The Awakening, Part Two, Chapter 1

Robes87GN

Bench Racing Hater
This is the second part of the story that some of you asked for, and a lot of my friends wanted to read, so here it goes. Sorry to say, but there will probably be less racing, and more of a story plot to it.

The Awakening Part 2
“Why don’t we bump the price a nickel?” Tyler says as he smiles over to Hector.
“Hey, no one said anything about raising the stakes.” Hector shot back.
“Then why don’t you ask these nice people to move so you can get your car off the ---“
*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*
Tyler sat up slowly to a bright snowy morning in suburbia Chicago and sleepily mumbled to himself, “I really need to quit watching that ****ing movie.”

He wiped his eyes and sat on the edge of his bed just a minute longer trying to procrastinate his departure from his warm bed to the cool air of his room. Tyler got up finally to greet the air he knew would pimple his flesh. He made a straight line for the shower and turned it on and didn’t spare any time getting in to warm his body back up.
His mom had departed for work at the office all ready, and he had class in an hour. Kyle and James would be outside his front door in a half hour. Kyle bought a winter vehicle to have fun in, and to just plain get around during the winter months. It was a ’88 Chevy bronco with a lift kit, 400 small block, and 350 turbo trans. For $400 it was quite the steal.
When Tyler stepped out of the shower, he grabbed a towel and wiped himself off. He threw on a pair of boxers, jeans, socks, grabbed a shirt and a hoodie and threw them on as he grabbed his books and headed downstairs to get some breakfast.
“Boo!” Kyle yelled as Tyler stumbled backwards and yelled as his books flew out of his hand.
“God dammit Kyle!” Tyler yelled.
“Sorry, couldn’t resist, man.”
“James?” Tyler said absent-mindedly.
“Yeah, man, what’s up?”
“What time is it?”
“8:34, have to get out of here in a few, might have to eat and run.” James said as Tyler threw on another shoe.
“Know what I hate?” Kyle asked aloud, but sounded more like to himself than to his two friends.
“What’s that?” James replied, looking up from yesterday morning’s paper.
“My damn English I teacher. She is such a bitch. We have to write a 5-page essay on Shakespeare. I mean, Romeo and Julien is cool and all, but 5-pages? He is ancient.” Kyle answered as he ran out of breath.
James and Tyler started to laugh.
“What is so funny? I hate her, it’s not funny.” He retorted defensively.
“Hold on James, I got this one. It is Romeo and Juliet. Juliet with a T, not Julien, like the fries, man. You guys read Omelet, yet?” Tyler said trying to hold back his grin.
“Ummm, no…? I think we read that later in the semester. That is about the prince and the ghost-father-guy, right?”
James stood up and put his arm around Kyle’s neck and asked “What are we going to do with you, man? You are worthless.”
“AM NOT!” Kyle yelled back, seeing the good humor in it.
“ARE TOO!” Tyler said as he hopped into the conversation.
“Don’t start a 3rd grade argument with me, you know I will win.” Kyle said back as he gave Tyler a small shove.
“God knows that is true.” Tyler said as he grabbed his S’more poptarts from the toaster and grabbed a glass of milk for the ride.
“Let’s roll, biatches.” Kyle said as he opened up the door.
The day was bright and serene. The snow that fell last night left a perfect layer on everything, giving it a beautiful glaze, reminding Tyler of Amber, but it didn’t hurt him anymore. Remembrance of his lost love only brought fond memories and rarely made him said, but happy he had the chance to know and love such a great girl.
“SHOTGUN!” James and Tyler practically yelled in unison. Tyler just conceded his front seat privilege to James to save time and a stupid argument.