The Awakening Part 5... yes finally, its here

Robes87GN

Bench Racing Hater
Took me awhile to actually sit down and write this, but I too want to find out the ending, for I honestly dont know what it is yet. Hope you enjoy! Part 5
Two weeks later, Tyler sat in front of his computer, ordering a power plate from RJC Racing as well as an SMC alcohol kit. He had heard great things about that alcohol kit, and it would save him lots of time in rebuilding his car too. James and Kyle fought over rules of calling shotgun when they took the car for a ride in the background. Tyler ordered the parts and moved on to the next things on his list. He ordered the same TE-62 turbo and Mease intercooler that he had previously. Had he not wrecked his car, he would have had that car well into the 10’s with his setup. Tyler leaned back into his chair and sighed as he ordered yet more parts for this car.
“Should I go with a TCI Street Fighter trans, or build one myself again?” Tyler asked his friends as he turned in his computer chair.
“Ummm, when do you want this car done by?” asked James who looked up from his incessant argument about the rules and etiquette of calling “shotgun”.
“I guess by next spring, since it won’t be ready by winter. I would like to track it once or twice before though it comes out officially.”
“Well, with all three of us working on the car, we should be able to get it all done for a few runs yet before winter” Kyle added.
“I’ll build one then.” James assured them.
Tyler turned back to the computer and went to some transmission websites to find the best of everything. After ordering all of them, they took the car for a ride. This car rode even smoother than his previous one. He remember why he loved these cars. He turned down the main street of his suburb and an 03 cobra rolls up next to him at the red light and starts revving hard at him. Tyler remembers that night with Amber. Tyler just sits there as the mustang revs the every living hell at him. James and Kyle look at Tyler and James touches his shoulder.
“AMBER, NO!” he said as he flung James back into his black and grey seat with great force of his extended forearm.
Kyle sat back in his seat too, James held his breath, and a solitary tear ran down Tyler’s face. James pushed softly against Tyler’s arm and moved it back to where it was. James and Kyle exchanged a glance in the rearview mirror of surprise and horror at the same time. They had never known that Tyler had been going through this much agony before now. The pair knew he was upset, but never thought it was this bad.
“Tyler” James said cautiously.
“Yes?” He said after a long pause.
“The ummm… light is green” James said as he pointed at the green light glaring brightly in the darkening sky.
“Oh, yeah, thanks.”
“No problem” James said as leaned back in his seat still with a concerned look on his face.
The trio headed back to Tyler’s garage in silence. When they pulled in, Tyler closed the garage door and popped the hood. He was acting as if nothing had even happened, to a point. James and Kyle came around the front and checked it all over. Looked very clean. Tomorrow they would start to dismantle the car to make it what it can easily be; the King of the street. Tyler had one more part he had ordered from a local shop just special for this car, and to him. It would be the last thing put on the car, and the most important piece of the car to Tyler. The group went in for some supper cooked by Tyler’s mom before they started to prep to rebuild the engine on Tyler’s GN. They talked about crazy things they did back in the d y, like when Kyle tried to do a handstand on a bike and crashed into a tree, and the time Tyler went sledding behind their friend Sky’s 4-wheeler and ramped into an electric fence. The night was filled with laughter and memories of good times, which was good for the troubled Tyler. No one tried to bring up Amber, which was almost impossible, because she was such a huge part of everyone’s life that revolved around Tyler. Luckily though, this night yielded no such memories. James and Kyle spent the night there so they could get to work early in the morning. The next few weeks were going to be trying, because everyone who has worked on a GN knows they are no SBC in ease of workability.

I forgot about this story.

now i need to reread the old one. sounding pretty good!

Thanks for the input. I had to reread the majority of it myself to get the feel of the characters again, so dont feel out of the loop.