THDP what r u using to clamp the pipes

TurboGTA

when I got my car home a few yrs ago it had a wide band clamp on the elbow and downpipe slip connection and it does not seal the connection, I just swapped a new turbo on and reused the band clamp and its still leakeing

what r u guys using to clamp this thing -I'm afraid to use a normal exhaust clamp because it might destroy the downpipe or make it impossable to ever take apart again

thanks

dont use!!! regular muffler clamp

dont use a regular muffler clamp. I used 1 on my dp and now am having 1 hell of a time to get it apart from the dump. If you did this a friend told me to go to a muffler shop and have the pipe expanded back into shape. But believe me it sucks getting it back apart.

if you use the standard u-bolt clamp it will seal but how it makes a seal is the problem. it will crush the outer pipe down to seal on the inner pipe causing it to seal. the problem is it makes it very difficult to remove.

The band clamp is much easier and better to use. it conforms to the two different dias of the pipe sealing it enough to not worry about. Just go to your local autoparts store and get a new band clamp. make sure it is stainless as there is some very inferior china clamps out there that are not stainless and do not conform very well

Just slip it over your exhaust pipe and leave it. The THDP is suppose to move being how you no longer use a factory flex joint at the turbo. If everything is clamped up tight, something will give/crack when the motor moves.

it really does not have to seal there. sometimes on single exhaust systems you need a clamp there to keep the rest of the exhaust system from turning and going out of alignment but a clamp is not totally necessary.

the good stainless band clamps come with the RJC down pipes.

I do not use a clamp. I just slipped the race pipe on and left it.

I am using the Hooker system and seems to be fine.

guys he has a TTA , the pipe is not like your GN , not even close
the houston TTA pipe is two peice with a slip fitting up by passenger header ,

try the 3" stepped band clamp , not the plain 3" band clamp
summit has them