THDP 3" Cat good in Cali

Smokin_GN

Only lil girls ride ponys
Was just wondering if anyone could help me with this quick question...

Does the 3" THDP Cat cover HC, CO, and NO for smogs in Cali?? I hear that most cats only cover HC & CO. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

If that Cat works...I'll be giving Ramchargers a call tomorrow!! ;)

Thanks.

If that is a TH high performance cat, then it is a 2 parameter cat, not a 3, but my car which was bone stock at the time other than a THDP & matching TH 2 parameter cat smogged & passed ok. I am sure that Gofstbuick will chime in and explain the differences.

The cat with the THDP is two-way cat only. This means it will process HC and CO only. An ATR cat is three-way (processes HC, CO and NOx), but will not fit the THDP. Maybe Ramchargers can sell you a three-way cat that will fit the THDP

When I was living in CA a couple years back. My TH cat worked just fine! Car blew REAL clean. But I made sure I was running a good smog chip, and my EGR was working correctly.

TurboDave said:
When I was living in CA a couple years back. My TH cat worked just fine! Car blew REAL clean. But I made sure I was running a good smog chip, and my EGR was working correctly.

Like Dave says, nothing is more beneficial than a good state of tune

Hello,
Another testimonial that a good TH cat works. This was with 72's, bigger cam & turbo, stock MAF, regular street chip and a functioning EGR....