Thats it i give up on this car

crazygn

10's here i come
I give up i have to much money in this car and now the motor is dead. problem after problem , iwas not getting much oil press to the top off the motor so i find my cam and lifters and timing chain gone so i spend over 200 for these parts . I bought all my gaskets to put it back to run it and i could not wait to start it when i pull the oil pan and check the pick up , it has so much stuff on it that it looks like i have a cat in it.. But this is the good part i also find very big peaces of bearings about 1/2 by 1.5 long , three of them stuck in it. so i look at my front main for the crank and i can see so bearing coming out some . I dont have any money and will not have any for a very long time so i give up i think i will go back to building old vw bugs and racing them again.

sorry guys

:( :eek: :mad: i am trying to put some pic on here but dont know how.

Are you sure you have a problem with the front main? Maybe it just looks that way. If you had part of a bearing hanging out you would've had very low oil pressure and a pretty good knock.

No knock at 16 psi on 93 pump gas, i have pic but i dont know how to put them on here. the bearing has not spun but it looks like the siver top off the bearing has came off and i can see some of it coming from the front main bearing the peice that is falling out and what i found in the pan is paper thin.

Different Kinda Knock....

I think Cool84 is talking about a differnt kinda knock then the knock were unfortunatly used to. Hes not refering to detonation type knock, he's more takling about something like a rod or main journal bearing knock. Just FYI

Drew H. Carlton
85 GN, 11.912@111.6, NO IC, NO SPRAY

I'll be pulling the motor some time sunday to see how be it is. I glad it did it now and not after i put the new cam in. How could it just ripe the top of the bearing off i've never seen this before the bearings not spun and no noise or it did not lock the crack up. How much does it cost to get a crack turned if it needs it under 100.00 . I was not get much oil to the rockers i hope it was going to the turbo . I guess i will do my heads now ,:)

I hope it runs again some day, if any thing good it will be faster when it going back in.:D

Dude, take the time and do it right - learn from other peoples mistakes. If you oil pressure was low, I'd put cam bearings in it too - if you go that far spend the extra couple hundred and rebuild the whole thing.

Well i pulled one of the main caps today and the bearing is gone , it riped the top layer of the bearing off . Ithink i found it just in time the crank does not look to bad but it has all ready been turned .10 under . I dont have much money but i would like to clean the motor up some and put rod , crank, and cam bearings in it would make me fell better about the motor if i did.Dont they make a rubber seal for the timing cover and not that rope seal that way my bearing got this way in the first place.

does any one know how to put pic on here .i have some i would like to show.

thank guys

Kevin
On the pics, when you post at the very bottom: attach file
Click on Browse and load the pic. Size is limited, so you might have to re size the pic.

Great work bob thanks for putting the pic's up for me. The rope on the screen is about a 1/4 thick. I cant belive that seal would do that , this 4.00 seal can do a number on some bearings.I will keep the car and fix it and just take it out on all the vetts around here that keep trying to race me when it runs again.

thanks again bob