Tharshers in hot air?

mike85gn

Get Bent!
GNeric, maybe you can answer this one for me. You're running a Thrasher in a converted ECM hot air? Which injectors/chip are you using? Did you intercool it? Thx. Need lots of chips for next season...

You just need to convert the ecm to the 86/7 ecm...The Thrashers are only available for the stock injectors and the 36# Blue Tops...I'm not sure about other injs...

hope this helps...

If you have a 86/7 ECM and MAF you can use them. I had one when I had stock injectors. It was a great chip for long trips. I got 28mpg on a 800 mile trip with it. Power wise it had more bottom end but sucked on the top end.

I am using the Thrasher for 36's (blue tops), 85 MAF, TA-33 running 25psi, 9" K&N, hotwired Poston fuel pump, adjustable regulator set at 40psi (4000 altitude), home ported heads, Poston 107 cam, LT-1 springs, 60mm throttle body (home ported), 2800 stall, and Nittos. I am hoping to do better than my previous 14.136@106 this Saturday. I do not have the car intercooled as I want to get it into the 12's without it. My next project is to port out the manifold. I have one gutted already but have yet to start welding and porting the runners. HTH

Originally posted by GNeric
I am using the Thrasher for 36's (blue tops), 85 MAF, TA-33 running 25psi, 9" K&N, hotwired Poston fuel pump, adjustable regulator set at 40psi (4000 altitude), home ported heads, Poston 107 cam, LT-1 springs, 60mm throttle body (home ported), 2800 stall, and Nittos. I am hoping to do better than my previous 14.136@106 this Saturday. I do not have the car intercooled as I want to get it into the 12's without it. My next project is to port out the manifold. I have one gutted already but have yet to start welding and porting the runners. HTH

damn,i ran 13.2x's @ 102 at 2500'(~4000 air density,vegas)and that was on a 1.89 60'.that was with my one day old maxeffort and NO tuning.what i'm saying is that you've got more than enough power(mph)you just need to get it sorted out and 12's are in the bag:).

later,sean

Hopefully I have it running good enough to get mid 12's if the weather holds out. It ran that 106 with the old Tomco injectors that made the car an absolute pig. Always ran rich. Took quite a while to figure it out but I think I got it now. I could never build any boost to get a better launch than a 2.667 60'. After that it would pull like there was no tomorrow. I could run down almost everyone I raced. Now with the Blue Tops, it screams. :D

Seems to be a common problem with non-Blue Top injectors, other 36#ers work, but the Blues are always the best. I was thinking of trying them, but have been recommended by Joe Lubrant to go with 38# injectors. I'm not quite sure why. Who else makes nice hot air chips, as I understand Joe is no longer with Precision?