TH400 build for 1000hp

Matt
thanks for posting this for me, here are some more details on the build. It is a junk yard 5.3 that is bone stock with the exception of the cam, pushrods, valve springs, head gaskets, and head studs. I using a single borg warner S475 with a 1.32 with truck manifolds and truck intake. I am running a 8.5 with 33 spline axles, a spool, and 3.08 gears with a 28" tire. The plan is to run 18 to 20 ish pounds of boost to net somewhere around 700hp to the wheels and 9.8-9.9's in the quarter. With boost in the 25 range it should be capable of close to 1000. I will be taking this thing on Drag Week this year along with 3 or 4 NMCA True Street events. I also drive it on the street a lot and want it to hold together. I will be launching under low boost (5-9 lbs) in hopes this will help keep the tranny in one piece and the tires hooking. So any tranny feed back would be appreciated. thanks

Thanks Adam, for filling in the blanks! I misunderstood, though you were using a 6.0 engine, I stand corrected.