"Test Track" Blast in a Stage 2 Regal-- Passenger's Report

Buicksx3

Sure it leaks oil--so?
I was out with a friend of mine helping him tune his Stage 2 TR and I all I can say is, what a ride. While out on the "test track" in San Diego the driver matted the gas at 40. The rear end started to fishtail a little bit, then hooked and off we went. With the 300lbs of additional stuff in the car (three full gas cans and a set of tires & wheels in the trunk, and my fat butt in the passenger seat doing Directscan duty) we were well over 4000lbs. The last frame of DS data indicated we were travelling 140 at 6000RPM, O2 mv 804, no knock and the car was still pulling when we just flat out ran out of real estate and had to lift. Both of us were grinning from ear to ear (DRIVER: "Seems like this sh!t works pretty well, hee hee!" ME: "Mmhmmm, oh yeah!!") The pass was made at only 15 psi and a 16(!) degree timing chip due to the 91 octane in the tank. I can't wait to see this thing run at 30 psi and 25* of timing, it will be unreal!

Originally posted by Buicksx3
I was out with a friend of mine helping him tune his Stage 2 TR and I all I can say is, what a ride. While out on the "test track" in San Diego the driver matted the gas at 40. The rear end started to fishtail a little bit, then hooked and off we went. With the 300lbs of additional stuff in the car (three full gas cans and a set of tires & wheels in the trunk, and my fat butt in the passenger seat doing Directscan duty) we were well over 4000lbs. The last frame of DS data indicated we were travelling 140 at 6000RPM, O2 mv 804, no knock and the car was still pulling when we just flat out ran out of real estate and had to lift. Both of us were grinning from ear to ear (DRIVER: "Seems like this sh!t works pretty well, hee hee!" ME: "Mmhmmm, oh yeah!!") The pass was made at only 15 psi and a 16(!) degree timing chip due to the 91 octane in the tank. I can't wait to see this thing run at 30 psi and 25* of timing, it will be unreal!

I won't name names to protect the guilty... :) but can we assume that a certain Rosewood car now has a couple more cubic inches?? Good deal!