test pipe

jdpolzin

I need a test pipe to replace catalytic converter. anybody have one? any ideas? I have stock exhaust. Thanks!!

No gasket needed if seal is not tight i use hi-temp sealant (red). Most times as my luck go i just use sealant anyway.

got it

have a brand new one that came with my hooker exhaust, i already had an atr stainless so it has been sitting in my garage for about a year. obviously brand new and perfect. make me a decent offer and pay shipping and it is yours. bob 216-228-3237

Thanks for the replies guys!! I am going to try to see if a muffler shop will custom bend a pipe for me and then I'll get back with you. Do you guys think that if I bring my car in with the cat off they will bend one piece for the Y-pipe and the cat?? Not sure if that is exactly legal or not??

not legal, it will be hard to find a shop to do that, furthermore, other than the test pipe, the rest of the stock exhaust is very restrictive. yoou want a mandrel bent system with a good set of free flowing muffs. look into the hooker system which includes everything from the downpipe back. it costs $300 and is the single best mod that you can do to one of these cars. just the change in exhaust to the above was worth .5 on my car. change out the fuel pump and you have the basic platform for all future mods.

Davenport Iowa hahaha I think I have some wierd relatives there. I know I have been there for a family reunion or something.

Know any Zigrans? They live by the train tracks on the main street.

I was there when I was 12 so I can't really give much more info.

We did crues that stupid street every night throwing fireworks out the bed of the truck.

To your question there is no need to go to a muffler shop. they are really hesitant about touching a cat. Just buy one of these test pipes or get a gutted cat that bolts right on.

phil