Tell me about the 1999 Regal GSX

DonnieShort

Who's Next?
I saw a few of these on Cardomain.com and we are looking for another car for my wife and she really likes them from what she saw. What can you tell me about them? i.e how many were made, how many years did they make them, what would be an average price to buy one, what's the difference between the GSX and the GS? You know the general noob ?'s. Thanks !!!!!

Like Shelbyguy said, there were none produced. If I'm correct, it was just a black Regal GS with a bunch of SLP mods.

I saw your other thread and think that you and the wife are making a smart move to look into a Regal GS rather than an Impy SS. My wife and I started out looking for a '96 Impala SS and ended up with a '99 Regal GS. The GS is much cheaper, gets better gas mileage, is easier to maneuver in a parking lot, is much quieter, more comfotable, and will smoke an Impy SS. In my opinion the only thing the SS has on the GS is rear wheel drive and good looks.

all the parts are from SLP, you can still buy them

when the lacrosse comes out they'll be giving Regals away...good chance to get a great car for cheap

you can get a nice LeSabre for under $20,000..i think its the fastest car under $20K now:eek:

Heres mine

259703_26_full.jpg

Heres the link to the site:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/259703

A few GSX's were made however as stated before they are 'DEALER OPTIONS' A dealer gets a Regal GS, and if they wish they send to to SLP to have the GSX Package installed. A local Buick Dealer did this to a few Regals that they got in, and I remember the sticker price being in the mid 30's.

It is basicly a Pulley, Cold Air Intake, Rims/Tires, Exhaust, and Exterior Package (Badges, grill, spoiler, Exc)

The cars that have the GSX package are pretty hard to come by. Not many people know what the Regal GS's have to offer as far as performance or power. Most often you see a 70 year old driving one!

Most people just buy a Regal GS, and as they go they put SLP goodies on it. I used to have a 97, and it was a BLAST to drive and Mod!

I definitly would want to do the appearence package. Does SLP have a website or a catalog or part numbers for the package? Thanks everybody for your help!!

Originally posted by TurboRegal84
Donnie,

Here is SLP's WebSite:

http://www.slponline.com/

There is a message board like this one at:
www.regalgs.org

Lastly Check out www.RegalGSX.com

Here are a few pictures of the GSX:
dsc00830.jpg

The Rear duel exhaust is pretty neat..
dsc00852.jpg

Thanks Herb!!

I looked on SLP's website to try to get an idea of pricing for the appearence package but couldn't find it. Does anyone know the round about price of it? Thanks everybody!!!!!!

Good luck on the SLP items. It seems like they were doing a warehouse cleanout on ebay recently. I think with the Camaro SS and WS6 Firebird going away in 2002 it has really hurt their business. I like the subtle sleeper package myself.

Just a little advice if your looking for a clean used car. Check out your local Pontiac or Buick dealer for a lease "turn-in" car. GM has a "Certified Used Car" program that may offer up a 2000 or 2001 car that may have been gently used.

Yeah, I know everybody beats the snot out of a lease car, right? I was looking for a Regal GS just last year and stumbled upon a 2000 Silver GS on the Buick lot. Previous owner traded up for a 2003 and only put 17k on the car. I got a 3 year old $30,000 full-boat Regal for just about $15k and have been pleasantly surprised by the performance, luxury and economy.

I have gotten as much as 32 mpg on extended trips with the a/c on and pulled down a 14.7 right off of the street with no mods. Bunwarmers are great in the winter, 8-speaker (220W) Monsoon in-dash CD is awesome and front and side airbags give me peace of mind. Not to mention split-folding rear seats and sliding moonroof.

Good luck on your search.

GSE is top of the line....has a few more options than the GS
check buicks website
goto build your car...it tells you want the different package include

i would just buy appearance stuff from SLP
you can get better performance parts some where else

Originally posted by DonnieShort
What is the difference between the GS and the GSE?
It's the GS with "Everything". Pretty much a take it or leave it full option package. I believe they were only offered from '99 to '01.

When you ordered the GSE you saved a lot more than if you ordered the options separately. The same deal was on the LS as well.