TE63 + 3550 car. what stall converter?

On our TE63 four bolt turbo, we recommend a minimum of 3200 stall for a full weight Buick. So, if that's a 16930 Art Carr 9", then I'd ask for a 3200-3500 stall. Way back in 95 I ran a TE63-1 three bolt turbo with an Art Carr #16930 9" converter that had 3200-3500 stall. That turbo would spool like crazy with that converter.
Anywho, just my O2's worth.

Patrick
Precision Turbo & Engine
Sales & Tech
Visit our website at
www.precisionte.com

Qualifers:

Race only, and you want to stay in 3rd gear with the converter locked up. Bruce's 9/11 at the stall they recommended.

Race only, and you want to shift into 4th. 16930 at the stall they recommended.

Street and race...with most street driving done in a city. 16930 at the stall they recommended.

Street and race...with most driving on the highway. Bruce's 9/11 at the stall they recommended.

I have a 16930 at that stall (3200 and up with more at-the-line boost) and a T63-1 in my T-Type and drive mostly highway miles now; I no longer race it. I wish I had Bruce's lockup now and if I ever change converters in that car I'll get his.

I am running Patricks old LT70 3 bolt turbo with an Art Carr 9" (~3500). It spools surprisingly quick, I am a fish tailing fool if I stomp on the gas from a dead stop. It rolls about 10 feet then goes up in smoke;) .

Curt,
That 3200 should work really well. I used a 3200 with my TE-45a and loved it.
Brian

Originally posted by ChrisCairns
Qualifers:

Race only, and you want to stay in 3rd gear with the converter locked up. Bruce's 9/11 at the stall they recommended.

Race only, and you want to shift into 4th. 16930 at the stall they recommended.

Street and race...with most street driving done in a city. 16930 at the stall they recommended.

Street and race...with most driving on the highway. Bruce's 9/11 at the stall they recommended.

What about say a Yank Turbothruster w/appropriate stall? Seems like it would be the best of both worlds....

Anyone using one of these?