te48?

I bought a TA-48 turbo from Bowling Green Customs in Jan '94. Two months later they came out with the TA-49. I don't think there was much difference between them.

TA48 is basically the same as a TA49. Same turbine shaft. Slightly different compressor wheel. According to chopper at John Craig's; a TA48 has the same power potential as a TA49, the compressor map is slightly different. Difference is slightly faster spool up with the 48.

I also have a TA-48 which was rebuilt by Chopper. Hands down I love this turbo. Spool is very quick and has a wider effiency range on the compressor map then the 44/49 does.

I recently let someone borrow my TA-48 due to their TA-49 breaking and he couldn't believe the spool difference.

I've ran high 11's with this turbo, so the power is there! Let me know if you want to get rid of it...

Frank

I was just wondering because I have a guy who will trade his 48 & $ for my 62. Thanks for the info guys.

I was just wondering because I have a guy who will trade his 48 & $ for my 62. Thanks for the info guys.

Send him my way if he wants to get rid of it. That's an awsome turbo, it's a shame that it's not in production anymore. Let us know if you get it and what you think.

Also, are you guys getting email notification? I'm not and the little check mark for email is there???

Hmmm

If you can get it up to atleast 22psi to see a huge difference. If you don't have an alky kit then put in some Xylene.

FS

2nd gear pulls nice and hard. I've got a bad ehaust leak so I don't get any boost till 4000 rpm in 1st.

tsk, tsk, tsk... Get that leak fixed. Seriously though, I'd like to see your response when everything is fixed.

post later when your down.

FS