TE44 Garret .63

DavidM

Anyone have a good, used TE44 with Garret .63 Exhaust housing?

PM details, pics and price.

Thank you.

There's a 5857 forsale that would be good in forsale section.

No longer considering the 60-1? Probably for the best, you don't have the khaki pants necessary to run such a turbo.

No longer considering the 60-1? Probably for the best, you don't have the khaki pants necessary to run such a turbo.

:p I'm running to Old Navy now to buy the cremiest khaki pants I can find! Oh and also a bottle of starch. :cool:

I'm looking to keep everything on a budget and don't feel like spending $600 on a converter. The 12" 2400 I have on there now and a TE44 should be plenty fast to get me to Paneras on time. ;)

Still looking for a 44? I currently have a TE44 on my car and it may be coming off tomorrow.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Message my buddy kevin on here kevin87turbot he has one for 380$ if interested

Looks like I'll be keeping the TE44. The turbo I just picked up I thought was a TA49 but turns out it isn't.
I would trade it for a TA49 if anyone has one?

Looks like I'll be keeping the TE44. The turbo I just picked up I thought was a TA49 but turns out it isn't.
I would trade it for a TA49 if anyone has one?

Why do you want to go from a TE44 to a TA49?

I am no longer looking for a TE44. Purchased a TA49 from Good2win last week.
Thanks everyone. :cool:

Why do you want to go from a TE44 to a TA49?

I had a TA49 on my car once before and absolutely loved it. Came into boost extremely quick and ran at 22-23psi. The TE44 seems to not boost AS quick although per precisions website there is no difference between the two. I have not changed anything on the car from when I ran the 49. After the TA49 I bought a TA52 and with a stock converter it had way too much lag so I recently traded it for the TE44 thinking it would be like my old 49 but it doesn't feel the same. I am seeing 23-24psi and added a Grimm motor sports manual boost controller today and it cut the lag time down a lot and it snaps to boost now so I'm pretty satisfied now.
This is what happened to my TA49, then took it to a local turbo shop to get fixed and it's a long story but he didn't live up to his quote and I never picked it up from him.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1392613577.269887.jpg

My car is pretty much stock for the moment other than a TT chip, 220 pump, adjustable FP regulator and the turbo.

I have some blue top injectors, power plate, and a fuel pump hotwire kit I have yet to put on. That should help a little also. Just have to order another turbo tweak chip. I also want to go with bigger TB and doghouse.

Can I change the exhaust housing out? If so, to what size?

You can. Contact Bison on this board and he may be able to hook you up with a Garrett .63 housing and they spool a 44/49 very well even with stock converter.