TE-44 compressor map? + flange removal?

dejacky

Hello my buick friends. I do not have a buick, but I'm using this lovely buick technology on my Lexus! :cool: My 2 questions are these:

1. where can I find a compressor map for the stock TE-44 turbo? (60 trim with .63 A/R garrett exhaust housing)

2. Those two pointy parts of the flange used for attaching a heat shield are blocking my turbo blanket. Is there a nice way to cut these off or replace that flange with one that doesn't include these 2 prongs?

My buicky lexus:

EngineBayFinal2.jpg

grocerygetter said:
one of my friends here in AR is running a TE67 on his SC300 as well...small world!
got any pics of his engine bay and know which manifold he's using? :biggrin:

I'm no Buick guru, but I believe I can answer this one...

stock '86/'87 turbo Buick 3.8L turbo is the Garrett T03, Te-44 as never a stock Buick part to my knowledge. The GT3255 is a "new" design but very similar in flow characteristics to the 44. I had a 3255 on my hardtop GN when I sold it. The spool-up on the 3255 was wickedly fast. :cool:

Rob

The TE44 is significantly larger than the stock buick turbo.

That turbine clamp can be cut, or you can replace it with a standard TO4 turbine clamp, which you can get from any turbo place.

Neat setup.

What engine management are you using?

B

TurboBob said:

That turbine clamp can be cut, or you can replace it with a standard TO4 turbine clamp, which you can get from any turbo place.

Neat setup.

B

data:

http://www.turboneticsinc.com/compmaps.htm

The TE44 is a TO4E (60 trim I think)

B

TurboBob said:

Neat setup.

B
Thanks :) I'm currently use a piggy back A/F controller called the Map-ECU, but I want to migrate to a full stand alone EMS like the AEM EMS 30-1101 model, but it costs friggin $1,500 :(. But, I guess that is the price to pay for my goals. I basically want to maximize power on stock 10:1 compression of the 2JZ-GE engine, and the EMS gives me complete timing control..so i can push 12psi on stock compression for good low-end power and very wide torque curve :cool: