TCI 6 speed

black_magic87

Buddah
After doing a search on it, I noticed nobody has talked about TCI's speed in a few years. I know the price is still pretty high but I was wondering if anyone has tried one in a GN yet. Thanks for any replies.

RJ

A pretty long, but interesting read. When I get more time, I'll have to shoot him an email and ask how much it was to get the plate made and the cost of the tail housing and drive shaft.

I bought one for my GN, from what I was told u only have to build a crossmember shifter cable and drive shaft.

What are the ratios for the 2 other gears?

TCI doesn't ever seem to mention this.

For some reason it just can't be that easy. I would figure it wouldn't just bolt up and the tail shaft might not have to be changed, but nothing on these is ever super easy...except for changing plugs and the oil. :)

It's kind of ironic, but TCI's first prototype 6X was installed in an 86 Turbo Buick. It was my old car. Unfortunately, the car didn't have the original engine in it when I bought it. It was set up for a SBC. The transmission is based off of a GM 4L80E transmission, so it's a very easy install in a G-body. The 6X transmission dropped the car's ET (as compared to the old 4L80E transbrake transmission) from a best of 12.44 to a 12.29. It really picked it up in the 330'. Here's the car below.
graybuick1.jpg