TCI 6 Speed Auto Question

HP Man

I just saw an ad on this tranny in my current PHR Magazine listing this as built to handle 850 hp, an TCU with adjustable shift points, what a combo to run in a TR? I don't know the size (length) compared to a 2004R. (Also a paddle shifter option) Any thoughts on such a combo? Tranny expert opinions. Thanks. Gene

Thanks for the input so far. I realize it has a chevy bell housing bolt pattern but thought it might be a great substitute and programmable to match the engine power band. We have a local guy running a 4L60 behind a S2 engine. The 6 spd info: 2.97, 2.23, 1.57, 1.18, 1.00, 0.75 ratios, shift programming, paddle or conventional ratchet shifter for manual shifting. I'll contact TCI for more info. I haven't been into TR Postings for awhile so missed the archive posts. I owned a 06 Jeep SRT-8 with the AMG modified 5 spd tranny, awesome vehicle with a strong tranny combo. This TCM is linked to the ECU, Traction control and therefore very hard to modify for a performance build. Getting away from a pressure shifted tranny is a plus in my book. Gene