Tcc not getting power

My Tcc is not getting power, but is getting ground. I checked fuses under dash they are good. I have a new break pedal switch. Don't know what else I need to do. Does it matter if I have cruise control switch in.

I am out n about so I don't have one but I would search up a wiring diagram with that tcc circuit on it. Then you can trace the wires and such to make sure they are capable of carrying current. Then go to the source to see about voltage and where it stops. You have a meter, right?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yes I believe you have to have the cruise control switch in place.

What v6turbo87 said, when there is cruise in the vehicle it is the cruise control switch at the brake pedal that handles the TCC power feed. When there isn't cruise in the vehicle that duty is then on the brake light switch. Kinda' strange how GM switched things around like that.

If you aren't using the cruise control you can move the TCC switch to the brake light switch.

The TCC power connector at the switch is clear plastic with a double PNK/BLK wire and the purple wire that feeds the transmission.

RemoveBeforeFlight

RmvBfrFlight how do i move the tic power to brake switch? i think I'm gonna buy a cruise control switch to just put in.

There should be two places to plug in connectors on the brake switch. If you don't have the cruise control switch in the car the TCC connector should be dangling. Unplug the connector at the end of the brake switch and plug the TCC connected in there.

Here is what my 87 brake switch looks like. Note all factory style connectors. The pictures above look like somebody cut and spliced things using crimped on connectors