TB coolent lines

All right we all know to cap these lines off to remove the heat. But what about running a coolent system just for the Tb. Have the lines hooked up to a pump to move coolent through the Tb, Then have that go to A cooler in front of the Radiator. Thinking a power steering cooler should do the trick. Thinking it should work kinda like a intercooler. The system well pull the heat out giving it the cooler charge we want. Tell me what you think. I will try it on my car and see if any thing improves. If it works I will see about putting some kits ttogather.:cool:

i can't see it doing much of anything. the only reason the engineers put those lines there was to keep the throttle blade from getting iced up in sub zero temps. as it is, it doesn't really do much of anything to warm up the air going thru it so i can't see why it would do very much to cool it down.

I know this is real stupid but...

I saw something on my buddies Porsche that gave me an idea:eek: His has a 3.0 twin turbo motor in it and if you ever look inside the engine compartmen it is real small and hot as hell for his intercooler, well he has this piping right underneth his intercooler about 1/8 of an inch thick and it has a crap load of real small holes drill in it facing the intercooler. He has it hooked up to something like CO2 and he said when he puts it on it sparys the tinercooler and makes it ice cold:D which equals more power!!!!! I know it sounds stupid but any of you guys think that if you ran it thru the throttle bodie coolant lines it would make differance? I figure if you plum it in and restrict the out coming cold air and let it purge out like on a nitrous system...... I don't know though maybe just a waste of time???

It cools as it turns from a liquid to a gas which wouldn't happen if running it through the TB. Besides, with our TBs before the turbo it's not going to do much. Even if it was after the turbo and the TB was freezing cold, the air is passing through it so fast and it doesn't have enough surface area to really make a difference.

It cools as it turns from a liquid to a gas which wouldn't happen if running it through the TB. Besides, with our TBs before the turbo it's not going to do much. Even if it was after the turbo and the TB was freezing cold, the air is passing through it so fast and it doesn't have enough surface area to really make a difference.

+ 1 well said