Tailpipe Leak

whoudi

Hey Guys, a couple of things. First of all I have had my 87 Grand National since April of this year. I bought the car with 30,300 miles and am the 3rd owner. It currently has 33,800 miles on it and is going to storage for the winter (I will get to that next).

A few things during the first season and 6 months of ownership, I am absolutely in love with the car. The car is mostly stock with the exception of a mid 90s hypertech chip, a wider rear tire and a magnaflow exhaust. I did install a Scantool and will post Idle numbers when I get home, I do have them. Stock air box, injectors, fuel system etc. It is going to stay that way until I blow something up. It runs great, until the temperature gets up above 80*F then it starts to miss a bit at lower RPM especially when coming to a stop. When I hit it at those temps, she screams no misses. An updated TurboTweak chip is coming next season.

Also, I starting noticing within the past 2 months that there is an oil leak coming from the driver side tailpipe. It leaks no bigger than a 3" spot about half the size of an IPhone. I park the car, and after about an hour I would come back outside and see the spot. Never a sieve or even drips that I can see right after the car is turned off or running, but it does accumulate after about an hour.

Finally, storing the car for the winter. I am going to put it in an insulated garage under a car cover with access to it at any time. I live in Michigan so temperatures here can dip into the negatives but I'm sorry I'm not doling out $240/month for a climate controlled storage unit. At least not yet. I don't want to winterize the car, as I will be starting and running it at least weekly. Also on nice sunny days it will get a run around the block.

So, to summarize.
1) Will an updated TurboTweak remedy my misfire at low RPM's especially at higher ambient temps?
2) Any thoughts on the drivers side tailpipe leak?
3) Should I do anything to the fuel/coolant for the frigid temps even though the car will be started and ran weekly?

Sorry for the long rant guys but I know there is no better source of knowledge than this site. Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

• 20151007_191922.jpg
    20151007_191922.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 72
  • 20151007_192122.jpg
    20151007_192122.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20150414_124255339_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150414_124255339_HDR.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 70
  • 20151007_175859.jpg
    20151007_175859.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 70
Oh yeah,to avoid freezing and cracking the block you will have to give it a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and distilled water. Make sure it tests down to -30 and make sure what is in the reservior bottle is mixed as well. Get a tester with the floating balls and see where it is currently. Don't worry about the fuel.

As for #1 and #2 wait and see how the chip works out.

I would do like John said and get the antifreeze checked/up to snuff. But after that, park it and don't run it until your ready to bring it out and drive on a regular basis.