Tail Light Bezels

Jims project

Jims project
How do you separate the Bezels from the Tail Light? I've removed all the screws and it seems loose but it's such a tight fit, doe's it just snap into place? I sure don't want to break anything. need to paint them

There are lil clips going down the light,right down the middle. Be careful you will break the blk strip.

Just did mine. The worst part for me was some of the screws along the bottom were rusted. Once the screws were out I carefully pulled the bezel over the corner end of the lens first then the lens basically just fell out. It was scary but nothing broke.
Make sure they aren't cold or they will break easier.

There is a clip under the center strip, in the middle. It snaps into a slot in the lens. Work carefully up to it, and gently pry it up. It's a piece of spring steel, and fits TITE in the lens slot.

Found the clip, pried it up and got them apart. Thanks to all

If I wanted to try and restore the lens would a kit work like the ones for the Headlights? or does something else work?

A good headlamp restoration kit should do the trick, but expect to have to do some buffing.

Those "wax on - wax off , it's soooooo easy " kits don't work for shit.

For your tail light lens, try this: Use Mequire's NO. 7 Show car polish.....get an electric drill, chuck in a round polish wheel....pour some polish into a small cup and use your finger to put the polish on the lens.....then go over it very fast, but LIGHTLY pressing down.......then wipe with a micro thingy cloth.....do the whole lens this way, but make sure you secure the end of the lens with something heavy to keep it from zinging away to the floor while you're using the drill on it......I used a heavy lead brick.....this will take about 45 minutes, but it sure is worth it. Just go lightly on the drill polish wheel as you can melt the plastic if you press too hard or leave it in a spot too long......just go back and forth quickly with it until the polish just about goes away........this polish will also get rid of scratches, too. Brings the lens up to a brilliant shine......just don't drop it on cement like I have a nice habit of doing.

See below.....nice and shiny using this method....takes lots of patience but worth it.

Bruce '87 Grand National

DSC_0458.JPG
DSC_0473.JPG

Bruce, I'll try that method, there not in to bad of shape. (just dull) seems easy enough
Where did you get your trunk kit?
Tail lights look nice also

Thanks kindly......appreciate the compliment......the trunk kit I got from Dennis Kirban when he had a few mismatching sets for sale a few years ago....got one hell of a deal.....can you tell which part is "mismatched?" Hard to tell.......

On polishing, remember, take your time...and do not hold the buffer in one place for more than a couple of seconds.....in the end, the lens will be like new. Just take your time...it takes a while to do.....

Bruce '87 Grand National