Tahoe driverside manifold Fit a G-Body

BandAid

Keyboard Bully
pic provided of what i am looking for ..
Leaving the drivers side manifold on the 5.3,and using the proper motor mounts,will this stock DS manifold clear the frame..

Attachments

• dk racing.jpg
    dk racing.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 7,037
I'm going to say no I saw a build on malibu racing the guy had to cut the flange off and reweld to clear the frame

I'll have to look for a pic I'm going to use an F-body stock manifold on the driver side it has tons of room,make a crossover and buy a flange and pieces to make my own log

I'll have to look for a pic I'm going to use an F-body stock manifold on the driver side it has tons of room,make a crossover and buy a flange and pieces to make my own log

do you have the GM part number for the F body manifold,or pics,what yr f body...sounds like we are doing the same thing . Dennis :wink:

98-02 Z28 stick to 01-02 for no EGR I bought both manifolds for $25 on LS1 TECH
Sorry for the wrong info it's been a while since I saw the build the truck manifold does clear on the drivers side it was the pass side that hit the frame and was cut and rewelded this was on a non turbo build

98-02 Z28 stick to 01-02 for no EGR I bought both manifolds for $25 on LS1 TECH
Sorry for the wrong info it's been a while since I saw the build the truck manifold does clear on the drivers side it was the pass side that hit the frame and was cut and rewelded this was on a non turbo build
Ok ,now I am lost,are you saying in the pics i posted above,that DS manifold will fit facing the rear like it is now,then i make my log style PS ....

or you saying the 01-02 Z28 manifold

Back to your original question yes you can use the truck manifold on the drivers side facing back or a F-fody manifold tucks in tighter 01-02 has no EGR provision on it

Good info...looks like there's three of us going the same route:cool:.

What's the rest of the combo you guys are planning?

I'm keeping it simple for this build:

-truck 5.3
-4L80E
-mild cam
-Turbonetics BB T76

Wanting to reuse the DS manifold and fab something similar to the KB Racing passenger side.

What size downpipe you guys planning on?

Right on.

Will the stock truck intake fit under the hood? It's kinda ugly but I could fab some kinda cover for it.

We're gonna use the stock ECU and HPTuners.

I was unable to make the truck intake work with a stock hood, no matter what oil pan you put on it and how low you sit the engine.

Good to know. I think my brother has a stock car intake handy anyway...

Wonder if the Edelbrock Pro-Flo XT will fit?

Attachments

• proflo.jpg
    proflo.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 344
You can close the hood with the stock truck intake if you take the cover off and cut down the front post that the cover bolts to.Truck intake is not pretty but there are some guys making 1000HP with it.

Pics?:D

Yeah the truck intake isn't pretty but it seems to run the #.

Probably a lot of lumps and bumps and knobbys that can be trimmed off to make it a little more appealing. Especially since I already have one:D.