Tach questions

BigReade

Buick City Boy
First off, does the powerlogger read the tach at the ecm, therefore it will always be the same as your digital factory tach?

Second, my Autogage monster tach I mounted in the car reads lower than the powerlogger tach, when the factory tach/powerlogger read 2k rpm, my analog tach reads 1500. Can anyone give me any insight as to why that may be? 500 rpm's is quite a discrepancy, and I'm not sure whether my Autogage is wrong, or if something is wrong at the ecm and therefore my factory tach and powerlogger are off. Has anyone ran into anything similar to this before?

My factory tach reads about 6-700 rpms higher than my powerlogger, I don't have a mounted tach to compare anything else to..

Hmmmm...so the plot thickens, and eventually could have different readings on all 3?! Lol! Thanks man, at least now I can kind of guess that if my digital and the powerlogger are both reading dead nuts b on, then maybe my analog is off.

Check that the Autometer tach is set for a 6-cylinder, if set for an 8-cylinder:

(1500 / 6) * 8 = 2000 RPM

RemoveBeforeFlight

What ever the pl is reading that is what it is , the stock rpm gauge is joke to relie on as they get off calibration real easy , mine reads 6000 rpm taking off ,yea right

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Check that the Autometer tach is set for a 6-cylinder, if set for an 8-cylinder:

(1500 / 6) * 8 = 2000 RPM

RemoveBeforeFlight

you are the man sir! Thank you! It was just a matter of clipping the brown looped wire to calibrate it for 6 cyl and now it's good!