Tach mounts..lets see them!

wickedmotorhead

SQWURLY
Hey guys Im looking to install my 5" tach and shift light from my Chevelle in my GN, but I don't want to drill into anything. I would like to use existing holes/bolts. I'd like to see some pics or desciptions from you that have done this. Thanks.

I put a 2-5/8" boost gauge on that tach mount instead of messing around with an A pillar mount (PITA) - and it looks and works great.

It's occurred to me that you could use Nick's mount and fab up a simple, small metal bracket to use with it and mount a 5" tach and a 2-5/8" boost gauge side-by-side on them. I have no reason to believe this wouldn't be easy to do and look and work great.

strike

Here's how mine are mounted before I put them in the car.

Attachments

• Newman Gauges.jpg
    Newman Gauges.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 180
1FASTV6 said:
You have two. Let me have one.

Why its not like your car will be ruining anytime in the next century anyway :confused: :eek:

Ive always made a bracket that goes behind the speedo assembly.... Il get pics this week when I make one for my car

ttypewe4jim said:
Why its not like your car will be ruining anytime in the next century anyway :confused: :eek:

Who asked you! It be out soon enough and you will be the first one I'll line up with. :cool:

I don't have a picture of it, but you can take an old rear view mirror, remove just the mirror attach the pod to the shaft, then attach the shaft to the windshield like the mirror is supposed to be.

here's mine with the original 3 gauge holder, nicer than the ones that are now being made out east...

Attachments

• Dwayne's shit 280 (Small).jpg
    Dwayne's shit 280 (Small).jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 120