TA Performance Headers vs KB Headers?

The Granny

I've been looking through the forums but haven't found anywhere where there is a comparison of the two, so hopefully someone can break it down for me. The TA headers cost around $1000, while the KB's are around $600 (from what I've found so far). I'm sure I'll hear the "you get what you pay for", but if there isn't really a difference other than the price and who makes them then I'd like to save a little bit of money if possible. My goals for my car are mid to high 9's. If anymore info is needed, just ask. Thank you all in advance!

The ATR headers I posted up in your other thread are proven 9 sec capable and do not have any clearance issues. I believe the same goes for the TA ones. Check the forum, but I think I read there are some component clearance issues with the KB headers' design.

Last edited:
Well I guess i didn't get what I paid for ....my flanges broke off the header and the crossover after about 50 passes and also found the header cracked.They fit nice but pretty disappointed in the quality.I have a set of Postons on my spare engine and thinking of changing them out.
Ive always had good luck with TA stuff even bought a bunch off them for my Nailhead .I have no experience with KB didn't know they still made stuff .YES THESE ARE THE HIGH DOLLAR ONES
CROSSOVER FLANGE
crossover flange.JPG

HEADER FLANGE
header flange.jpg

HEADER CRACK
header crack.jpg

ON CAR
crossover1.jpg

Last edited:
Well I guess i didn't get what I paid for ....my flanges broke off the header and the crossover after about 50 passes and also found the header cracked.They fit nice but pretty disappointed in the quality.I have a set of Postons on my spare engine and thinking of changing them out.
Ive always had good luck with TA stuff even bought a bunch off them for my Nailhead .I have no experience with KB didn't know they still made stuff .YES THESE ARE THE HIGH DOLLAR ONES
CROSSOVER FLANGE
View attachment 265470
HEADER FLANGE
View attachment 265471
HEADER CRACK
View attachment 265472
ON CAR
View attachment 265486

Damn, that's crazy... So I guess the general consensus is ATR headers are the top of the line, since they're been out of the game for so long yet still sought after?

I just done the gn1 se headers and no complaints on them. I did surface the flanges before I put on but all stainless and did fit quit well for 600$. I not knocking anyone just couldn't do 1100$ on headers.

Attachments

• 1445902152631.jpg
    1445902152631.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 398
Kenny Bell headers are great, they lined up perfectly to the heads and i had ZERO issues with a set i bought right from the hands of Jim Bell back in the day.
ATR had issues, i've had a few sets and they needed work to get right.........
Stock manifolds are good to 9s and can be modded/ported, so headers look pretty but most people do not need them i.m.o.

Don Cruz has a local guy down in FL build ones for him and the cars he worlds on. id assume he had a set made for his car to. the quality is really impressive. I wud give him a call and maybe he can spec out a set for u. Don is as anal as they come so I'm sure the ones he uses are as good if not better then anything currently out there.

ur still gonna pat $800-1000 ill bet tho.

I've been looking through the forums but haven't found anywhere where there is a comparison of the two, so hopefully someone can break it down for me. The TA headers cost around $1000, while the KB's are around $600 (from what I've found so far). I'm sure I'll hear the "you get what you pay for", but if there isn't really a difference other than the price and who makes them then I'd like to save a little bit of money if possible. My goals for my car are mid to high 9's. If anymore info is needed, just ask. Thank you all in advance!

CROSSOVER FLANGE
View attachment 265470
HEADER FLANGE
View attachment 265471
HEADER CRACK
View attachment 265472
ON CAR
View attachment 265486

Which headers are these??

Weld were fine.
I have the same set on mine. Heard of people having issues with the TA stock replacements cracking so I decided on these. Besides some clearancing for the head bolts they fit well. After a year and 4500 miles I haven't had any issues. KB headers are good as well, as long as your downpipe will clear them.

To the OP are you talking about original KBs or the new kb-styles? because they are 2 different things..

If you're talking about the KB headers on GN1 site, they look just like ATR headers to me.

We sell custom headers with 1 5/8 primaries, but they require a custom downpipe and are way more than 1000 bucks.