TA Perf. alluminum block?

YellaGN

1. How fast are people going with this block? What is its HP/TQ limit?

2. About how much would a complete motor buildup be with good components?

3. How long does it take to get one?

well I know there not cheap but are very strong, I read somewhere that they can withstand ALOT of Hp. north of 1,500hp i believe

1. How fast are people going with this block? What is its HP/TQ limit?

1. Off the top of my head, Tony Gomes and Dave Fiscus are in the solid 8s with theirs.

2. Just as much as a GM Stage 2.
go here: Welcome To TA Performance and start adding up the components needed ie: block, crank, rods, pistons, heads, intake, gaskets

3. In stock at TA Performance, they are on their 3rd production run.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

TA Performance

Hi,
I'm guessing that you could spend $20K to build such a motor, and I might be loballing it.Talk to Duttweiler; he's THE man, when it comes to turbo motors.By the way, I think the TA block is rated to 2000 hp, easily eclipsing the Stage2. Have fun!

Depending on internals you could have one put together for 12-15K,and not have to worry about welding or sleeving an overused stage block.A virgin stage block costs more than a TA block actually.

Bobby @ RPE has a great rep & a nice guy to deal with! I have a 109 there with him right now.

I can't tell how much it cost exactly(I promised),but Nick had it built for me and I am more than happy with what I got for my money.

I am still trying to get the rest of my car together,but if you just add up whats in the longblock you could have a good idea of how much it cost.

Now what it costs to get the car to handle it is another story.

Every engine build is unique for each customer, so the price is determined by their specific details.

But to give a typical price on a TA alum block build with forged internals, I usually quote ~$10K for parts and labor including roller cam. If billet internals are specified, this increases by $3-4K.

Add the price for TA heads with all needed accesories like roller rockers, valve covers, pushrods, etc., and this will add $3-6K to the short block price above.

Then items like intake, front cover/oil pump, oil pan and other misc. items are still needed.

The time to build is determined by special order parts lead time. For example, all our pistons are custom built for us by CP, and can take from 3-8 weeks depending on piston specs. The time to machine, fit and assemble an engine like this is usually 2 weeks when all parts are in-house.

We built the protype TA alum block years ago, and have done many TA, and other alum blocks, since then.