TA Headers

Frank87

Has anyone had the TA stainless steel headers and the crossover or simular installed on there car. Was wondering if any down sides ,any performance increases,anything positive, Also any change to the sound of the exhaust. Also does the original header if it leaks will it cause your car to detonate. Thank you

Was wondering if any down sides ,any performance increases,anything positive, Also any change to the sound of the exhaust.
Im very happy with the ta stainless they haven't been off the car since I installed them.on my car the motor tone did change,if your buying for performance save your $ to me the real gain was not having to pull the stockers off consistently.

I also have them, i dont run any mufflers so i haven't noticed any change in the sound. The real reason i bought them is dont have to keep repairing them. They dont split apart like the old ones. Exspensive, yes but worth it to get rid of the cracks and leaks.

Compared to working non cracked headers nothing really different except the material and thickness of flanges. Sound maybe got a slight bit deeper. Really nothing noticeable for me. One issue I had and I am not the only one if you do a search but if you have the HR Parts poly engine mounts the steering shaft can come in contact with one of the tubes. Not blaming TA cause who knows maybe my frame is a tad bit tweaked.

I also have them, i dont run any mufflers so i haven't noticed any change in the sound. The real reason i bought them is dont have to keep repairing them. They dont split apart like the old ones. Exspensive, yes but worth it to get rid of the cracks and leaks. Thank you that helps

Compared to working non cracked headers nothing really different except the material and thickness of flanges. Sound maybe got a slight bit deeper. Really nothing noticeable for me. One issue I had and I am not the only one if you do a search but if you have the HR Parts poly engine mounts the steering shaft can come in contact with one of the tubes. Not blaming TA cause who knows maybe my frame is a tad bit tweaked.
I have the original type motor mounts so hopefully that will not be an issue. Thank you

Thank you..

I have been running a set with the crossover and their down pipe for 2 years and several k miles. They have had no problems since the day I installed them on a new engine. I have the HR motor mounts and have no clearance issues any where. The frame is strait with all original parts in place. Highly recommended quality parts.

Has anyone had the TA stainless steel headers and the crossover or simular installed on there car. Was wondering if any down sides ,any performance increases,anything positive, Also any change to the sound of the exhaust. Also does the original header if it leaks will it cause your car to detonate. Thank you
I think I have a leak at the dreaded drivers side original header. Did the heater hose stethoscope test. It doesn't seem bad but I do hear a ticking sound coming from that area. What bad things, knock, detonation, etc can come of this?

Slow spooling. Decreased boost. Those are probably the two most important!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk