T-top weather stripping

TheGovernment

I just got my T-Type on the road and the replacement t-top seals fit like a huge pile of garbage. I don't know who makes them as they came with the car but they gotta go. I've adjusted my windows and door as much as I can and they are so tight the window won't even go up lol. (One of the guys at my dealership replaced these seals on all the t-tops cars and said they are garbage, so it's not that I don't know how they go on or anything.)

I'm just looking for a good fitting set. I can't find a good set of nos (for under $800) ones but I'm looking for any ones experiences on a very good fitting set.

thanks.

I have yet to find a set that actually work either. Ordered a set of repros from dixie monte carlo and they've been the closest so far-but I'm still tweeking the door glass and the t-tops as well.

I found out the ones on the car are metro from the guy I bought it from. Complete garbage!!!!! I may try out softseal but am a little hesitant as I've heard great things from metro and they are junk. I may try a set from dixie.

GM ones are junk also.. They been sitting around in bags/ boxes for 23yrs don't waste the money. I have metro seals that do not leak at all even driving 100mph zero wind noise. Now it is a complete PITA to get to that point. start buy removing every last little piece glue and all. check under the plates for any rust even stains and fix it now.Check your door hinge pins and strickers, is there any play? fix them if there is. Remove and reseal all channels ! test fit the new seals first, lube the channels so you can slide them around. Once you have them where they fit the channels perfect mark them in 5-6 places with a paint marker then pull them back out... clean the lube from channels and seals. Use the clear liquid glass weather sealer. Its the best thing going get it from a body supply shop. fits in caulk gun. Put soild bead in channel install seal line up the marks you made that way there is not a lot of moving them around with the sealer in place. Check your inner/ outer belt moldings if they are not in perfect shape and soft/ plyable order a new set Period.look at the anti rattle felts are they in perfect shape? if not get new ones PERIOD. Now go to sleep. In the morning we adjust LOL...
Take plastic of t-top and adjust it first ! so it latches snug nut not to tight. you need it to seal not smash the seals. strip on there should be in line with the corners of the roof seal On door adjust the glass height so its even and touching the upper center seal with light pressure. make sure front/ rear edge are sealed. If not the center 2 bolt track will allow you to move the glass front to back.make sure glass is not to tight against the seal or it will not go up/ down. its very rewarding to do it yourself and have it work! If you feel you can't Bring the car to me in south central pa.

I can do this for you and 100% guarantee zero leaks. $1,200 for the seals/ install (takes a complete day) + any roof repair,door hinge/striker repair that may be needed (rust)

I know how to ajust the everything, thats not the problem. The problem is that the metro seals that I got, are 1 1/4 inches to short. I work as a painter a GM dealership and had all the body guys who replaced these things from factory come over and try also with no luck. The seals just do do not fit properly. They are too short and are missing the hard plastic nub at the front where the seal starts to wrap around the front windshield (the most important part of the seals IMO) I've already send them back to metro and have a set of gm ones in that I got from a guy from work and they fit perfect. 23 years old or not the fit is pretty much perfect, no leaks. The rubber is much more plyable that the metro ones and lest the window slide alot more rather and grabing it.

ok just thought you were looking for experience by the post. I have done 15 sets of these in the past 2yrs and no issues at all. I did have one set that was molded a little wacky but sent them back and the new ones they sent were fine. Wonder if you got a shoddy set the first time ? Anyway enjoy the car it's a great weekend for the t-tops out :biggrin:

They say they were cooled to fast out of the mould or something. Either way, all is good now! It's too hot here to take the T's off lol